KimiP

M10 Valve Cover Painting

8 posts / 1896 viewsLast Reply

Hi guys,

I'm a new member and need your guys help on how to make my M10 valve cover looks new and nice!

thanks alot,

KimiP

Hi guys,

I'm a new member and need your guys help on how to make my M10 valve cover looks new and nice!

thanks alot,

KimiP

it's really very simple...clean it very well...no grease

buy a can of your favorite paint in you choice of color then push the button

how about bead blasted and then paint?

that'll work...but isn't necessary

Is there any risk of the bead blasting causing distortion of the valve cover?

Also, I presume you are suggesting leaving it in its natural state after blasting it... or is there a polish or protective coating required as well??

Is there any risk of the bead blasting causing distortion of the valve cover?

Also, I presume you are suggestion leaving it in its natural state after blasting it... or is there a polish or protective coating required as well??

blasting won't distort or harm the valve cover unless you have an idiot, that's never used a blasting gun shoot it

if you take the time and expense to blast it, then you should mosdef seal it because it will very soon, again go to hell in a handbasket....

google glistenpc...very good stuff and can be brushed on, no special equipment is needed..it's the only thing i've ever used that's still sticking to the aluminum

I am in the process of painting mine. I used Aircraft remover to remove the old paint and WOW it does an awesome job at removing the toughest paint very very easily. I used Dico buffing compound on the billet and BMW part and that brought the aluminum to a shine. Tape that off and paint the rest using VHT Enamel paint in the same color as the car.