Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Fastest BMW

8 posts / 1526 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

I saw a thread earlier about how fast can a 2002 be, what to put in it, and why go so fast in the first place, etc... Anyway, I saw a video on youtube and thought you all might want to see a 7.83 sec M3...not sure how it would corner though.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I saw a thread earlier about how fast can a 2002 be, what to put in it, and why go so fast in the first place, etc... Anyway, I saw a video on youtube and thought you all might want to see a 7.83 sec M3...not sure how it would corner though.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

EDIT: Read post below. 0-60 = 7.83 OK 1/4 mile = 7.83 pretty darn fast

Ummm.. Thanks I guess. but 7.83 isn't really that fast. Couldn't see the video but I'm assuming you're talking about a 1/4 mile? Not that my 02 could do a 7.83 quarter mile but just about any new BMW can beat that number.

mmmmm... 7.93 is silly fast for a 1/4 mile. Show me one stock new car that can run that. chris

I think you might be confused about 7.83 not being that fast. An E46 M3 stock can run close to a 13 sec 1/4 mile... the car is that video is supposedly over 1400hp.

Something under 8 seconds is insanely fast...

Unless we're talking about a 1/8 mile track.

mmmmm... 7.93 is silly fast for a 1/4 mile. Show me one stock new car that can run that. chris

YES... SORRY... I wanted to say 0-60 but wrote 1/4 mile. Brain fart...

If that's a 1/4 mile time it's fast. IMO anything in under 10 is F - A - S - T so an M3 of any sorts running a 7.83 is good... now 0-60 is what I meant to say by being OK..

That is stupid fast..for anything with wheels. No stock car in the world can do that kind of time.

There is a pink one in Australia with a BIG turbo 3 rotor rx7 motor in it and makes 1100hp or so and does 9's.

7's is pretty fast.

John Shepard's DSM is a little more impressive though.

7 sec 4 cyl and shifting the whole way.

(4g63 owners shameless self plug)

There is a pink one in Australia with a BIG turbo 3 rotor rx7 motor in it and makes 1100hp or so and does 9's.

It is faster than that....

/edit - The car won "God of Auto Salon" along with just about every other trophy on the modified car scene in a year... It used to have 24" rims and a massive stereo, then they striped it and raced it with slicks etc...

The car is Pink because that is the corporate colors of the company that built the car - they have 100's of cars in a similar look. It is their trademark.

7.29 @ 191.8mph

They did not stretch the body and the wheelbase was quite short, which made the car a real handful - they are currently building up another car to take on the top pro imports in Australia.

Dsc01655.jpg

How it originally looked.

Barby15.jpg

How it looked last time it raced.

http://www.queenstsmash.com.au/v4/pages/7secbmw.htm

http://www.queenstsmash.com.au/v4/pages/portfolio_awards.htm

It was resprayed after a their parachute failed and the car ended up in the fence at the end of the 1/4.

Todd