Sign in to follow this  
Sam_in_VA

Sunroof Seal Replacement?

6 posts / 1228 viewsLast Reply

Help,

I need to replace my sunroof seals (actually install, as I have no front and only the remains of the rear). I cannot find any reference to sunroof R&R in any of my manuals, and I know it needs to come out. How is it removed, and how do the seals attach once I have it out?

Thanks,

Sa

ago in the Roundel, and can send you an electronic copy if you wish. Also check the archives on the FAQ board...it's been covered.

cheers

mike

DUKERIMMER has the ins and outs on the sunroof panel extraction. IT IS an easy job, and his info dispells any fears.

However, I ~still~ replace my sunroof seals with the panel in place.

If you have never pulled your sunroof out, or if it feels very stiff moving, I would go ahead and pull the whole assembly out and clean and lube everything. Those cables are EXPENSIVE!

Working slowly, you can do the whole extraction, cleaning, installation in a couple of hours. Do it now while the weather is still mild. Also check that the drains are clear.

I agree that a clean and lube is a good idea... I'd appreciate any direction you can provide. I searched the board, but maybe I didn't include the archives.

Thanks,

Sam

Mike,

I need to replace the seals on my '76. Could you please send me a copy of your procedure?

Thanks,

Lee