70roundtail02

Excuse me...but how the heck is this setup

11 posts / 1117 viewsLast Reply

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/car/208458972.html

Looks like it needs some fixing up, and what a random way to invest money in the car. Keep the four speed and probably stock diff and throw in a supercharger? Anybody know anything about this car, and anybody know how the hell you set up a S/C on one of these. (I seem to recall a yellow one for sale a while back that had a supercharger)

Tristan

IIRC the owner has posted on this board before.

Maybe he'll cime in with details, but I seem to recall that he had the setup for quite a few years and used the car regularly.

Supercharger is the exact same as a turbocharger only you don't need the exhaust side. All you do is run plumbing for intake and find a way to bolt on a belt driven supercharger. I'm contemplating it on a motor I'm building because the supercharger spins with RPM's rather than lag from exhaust so you get better low end power. It's almost a better option on our cars IMHO....

Get your hands on an old Callaway M10 turbo system and only use the intake half... thats exactly how you do it. Bolt up the supercharger either to an E21 M10 A/C bracket... or put it where the K-Fish would go on the tii setup....

That sounds amazingly simple, what kind of supercharger would you be running? Would this run on a blow through style setup with the carb?

Tristan

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/car/208458972.html

Looks like it needs some fixing up, and what a random way to invest money in the car. Keep the four speed and probably stock diff and throw in a supercharger? Anybody know anything about this car, and anybody know how the hell you set up a S/C on one of these. (I seem to recall a yellow one for sale a while back that had a supercharger)

Tristan

I *think* this might be "WH"'s car, which was a nice one if one believes what he posted about it (which i do)... reason i say is that has a SU carb, and WH mentioned spending a great deal of time tuning his SU carb for supercharger setup, and it turned out nicely. 165hp is what he said. Probably at least that much torque if not more. notice the "correct" cold air intake, pulling air from in FRONT of the radiator, not behind it!! and with a supercharger like that, believe me you need all the cool air you can get... ;-)

support panel where the battery used to protrude...

I've seen that supercharger setup before with a single SU--want to say Downton or possibly Shorrock but I'm not sure. Using an SU would indicate most likely of British origin...

mike