Sign in to follow this  
Jack

Two different size gas pedals?

5 posts / 929 viewsLast Reply

Trying to adjust the linkage to WOT. No joy! Moved inside and looking at the gas pedal. Wanted to check if I was missing something so I looked at realoem. Looked like one pedal had more travel than the other. Got my old pedal out and it is both shorter in length and has only 2.25" of travel vs 3+ for the new longer pedal. Overall they are 8.5" vs 9.5". For a carbed 72 which is correct? Was one intended for the tii? Any adjustment suggestions?

Guest Anonymous

if memory servers me on is for Tii which I no longer Know

Sorry

The pedal on my 74 tii is longe than the one on my 75. There is also a stop pad on the tii that mounts with the upper right pedal box fasteners.

The exact same thing this weekend... I couldn't set WOT on the pump and obviously shortening the adjustable pivot at the firewall would screw up the idle.

I compared my "tii" gas pedal to the one out of my 2002 and they were the same, the long pedal with the rubber protrusion under the free end. This was interfering with the stop on the pedal bucket. As a workaround, I modified one of the pedals so that it would bottom out at WOT.

I am still wondering why I had to do this. Which pedal is supposed to work with the tii?

Steve