Newbies posting parts

10 posts / 1567 viewsLast Reply

depends on:

price of part

how much you desire part

your tolerance for saying goodbye to the money

your tolerance to pursue should deal go sour

your distance from seller

in that order. unfortunately, a newbie is an unmeasureable risk.

i probably would if it wasnt high buck. ive sold numerous unknown guys parts and shipped before theyve paid so i could get them an exact shipping cost and ive yet to be burnt by an 02 guy. not saying it wont happen but ive been lucky up to this point. besides, its a small internet world and i bet i know at least 1 guy in every state in the union

I would probably proceed with caution if the guy has only posted once just for offering parts.

Having said that, I have bought from and sold parts to many members of this board and couldn't be happier.

Wish I could say the same of other boards. Sent money to a guy from VW Vortex for some BBS centercaps about three months ago and never received them. The guy built a show jetta by scamming people out of their money. The guy's board name there is TMT McCoy, just in case anyone here runs across him while looking for parts.

i probably would if it wasnt high buck. ive sold numerous unknown guys parts and shipped before theyve paid so i could get them an exact shipping cost and ive yet to be burnt by an 02 guy

Thanks for having faith in me! Cheers - Todd

No, i wouldnt. Ive been burnt before. Id prefer to pay a slightly higher price and buy from a known good seller than loose my money completely.

Tom

You might want to ask if anyone is heard of the "newbie" before. If you're refrerring to Mario Langston, he's very well known to the E9 crowd and has an excellent reputation. He may be new to this board (though he did post to the 'old' faq board occasionally), but there aren't many folks on this board who have been at this game longer than Mr. Langston. I'd deal with him without reservation.

yes sir...everyone has to start somewhere...

if you had a bus part for sale and found a bus parts forum that you'd never posted on but knew you could sell the part there, would you won't to be ignored because you hadn't posted numerous times about airhorns, broken seats, etc

Newbie or not, it does not matter. In my humble opinion. It's hard to send money to someone you don't know. But as Esty said, you have to start somewhere. You have to take that risk and hope for the best. Be sure to protect yourself if the seller does not communicate back after you have sent the money. Just my 2 cents.