schnell944

Is my new speedometer OK?

6 posts / 1098 viewsLast Reply

I just received a replacement speedo in the mail today. The person I got it from said it functioned properly, but when I examined it I noticed the needle was resting at the 120mph mark rather than the 0 mark. the needle doesnt seem to bind, but just just resets back to the 120mph mark. I won't get a chance to put it in for a couple of days now. If something is wrong here, what could it be? Thanks.

si still in place, and whether the speedo needle rests against it. If the peg fell off (or the needle doesn't hit it when at rest, the symptoms you described will happen.

Hope that's what it is, as repositioning the needle and/or installing a new peg are pretty easy.

cheers

mike

taking a second look, the needle behaves as if it is on the wrong side of the peg. I bought this off of ebay, and in the picture it was resting properly. Could the needle have somehow moved around the peg in shipping? I'm way too scared to touch the needle and bring it up over the peg as touching the needle on my first speedo is what got me into this mess! :P

i fixed it. removed peg, moved needle to proper side, istalled peg. when inut shaft is turned the needle moves appropriately now