Greg72tii

wanted: shades of blue

16 posts / 2939 viewsLast Reply

Hi people...... I'm painting my car and have decided to change the color from white to blue. The car was originally Fjord, but I would like to see pics of other shades of blue (found on the website www.dagsites.com/2002colors.htm, like Baikal, Pastellblau, and Riviera).

I've have it about 8 years and it was white when I got it. I have changed the interior from dark blue to tan.

Greg

post-939-13667568817318_thumb.jpg

Originally the car was Riviera but now it is Biscay. (see Avatar Pic)

When I respray it again i think I am going to go back to Riviera. I think the darker blue looks better when new.

HTH,

Here's pastel blau:

M2002_sebring.jpg

Ian

'76 M2

Where'd you get your paitwork done? I'll be looking for someone to repaint mine soon in the Valley.

You can check out what an 02 looks like w/ BMW 2000 M3 Estoril Bluemetalic by going to the CARS section and scroll down to " FS 1974 Estoril Bluemetalic" or check this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190031563628&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1

Also, I might add that my wife gets 2 to 3 compliments a week from strangers on her Pastelblau ' 76, which was repainted in July ' 05 the OEM color. With shiny Superlite wheels the car looks great.

Bob Napier

I actually painted it myself - and am not going to do it again. I have painted several cars and I always seem to forget how labor intensive preping the body work can be. I'm really excited about dropping it off and picking up a finished product this time.

I'm going to check out a few shops myself. Perhaps we can compare notes. I had a 745i painted by Diamond and wouldn't recommend them. Coulter Caddilac does a top notch job but they are spendy.

Let me know what you find out...

Here's a good example of Baikal in direct sunlight. The 1972 Targa now lives in Florida in a nice heated/air conditioned garage with an amazing new owner and a new paint job...

post-1249-13667568819063_thumb.gif

Now that you've changed your interior to tan, it would go very nice with a dark blue paint job.

mac

post-499-13667568821724_thumb.jpg

Our 1st 02 was Atlantik and wife wanted a blue one. We went with a more modern BMW color. Think it is called artic blue mettalic or something like that.100_0289.jpg

Our 1st 02 was Atlantik and wife wanted a blue one. We went with a more modern BMW color. Think it is called artic blue mettalic or something like that.100_0289.jpg

I see Tim on that pic thinking "Stuckey's car is missing the chrome tailpipe thingy".

Here's my Fjord. I just had it repainted.

Cris

post-178-13667568825041_thumb.jpg

LOL, Tim is looking at the guy that keeps touching his Alpina B9 and saying "if he does it again, I'll kill him. If he does it again, I'll kill him."