Armond

oil additive

7 posts / 1171 viewsLast Reply

I use Valvoline 20/50 oil. I took a chance on a Oil additive. Suprised to feel the engine run smoother and it improved the idle. Coincidence? or sugar pill?

sugar pill. i wouldnt put any "STOP LEAK" product in anything i own. youre just clogging up arteries. theres no magic fix in a bottle. radiator stop leak clogs radiators and heater cores. if you have a leak find it and fix it. i also dont think you need anything but clean oil in your motor.

The brand is Bardhal. Stop a leak/smoke additive.

I also generally avoid additives. That one in particular is very thick and syrupy isn't it? It may help reduce oil burning by increasing the oil viscosity, but I imagine that it would actually impede proper lubrication.

I have used some moly-based anti-friction additives in the past with apparently good results... in at least some cases (Nissan L-24 and L-16 engines) a noticable cooler running engine that seemed to rev more freely as well. Haven't tried it in an M10 engine.

i agree with BLUNT....

but i do use a dab of marvel mystery oil in my fuel and in the oil just to keep things clean and running better. whether or not it does anything i like it. I do believe it works in the oil though. Every time I adjust my valves it's squeaky clean in there (as it should be)