Sign in to follow this  
JHG762002

weber top cover

5 posts / 756 viewsLast Reply

Any ideas how to fix a broken split post/float fulcrum? I seem to have F'd this one up. Anyone, help, please.

top cover had literally crumbled by using some epoxy that was advertised as steam and gasoline proof. It's been so long ago that I forget where I bought it but I'm sure an old line auto parts store (like NAPA or the like) could steer you in the right direction.

Two other thoughts: silver solder it (much stronger than regular tin/lead solder) or... position the broken piece in its original position (hold temporarily with a bit of glue) and carefully (with a drill press) drill thru the top cover and into the broken piece with a small diameter drill. Then pin the two pieces together with a bit of rod that is a tight press fit in the hole you just drilled.

Or...find a junk 32/36 and rob it of its top cover.

cheers

mike

Guest Anonymous

if its a 32/36 weber, i will give you a good one . (770) 242-1803 , leave me a message.

If it is a 32/36, I have a cover from a junk one, I'd be happy to send you for the cost of postage. Email me at s.theureratcomcastdotnet

Thanks for all the suggestions and offers. The FAQ comes through again. It is actually a dcoe 40. I found someone with a junker on craigslist and bought the top cover from him. It really seems strange that it is possible to get every other weber part but the top cover with out buying a whole carb. Oh well.