AndyS

for you Aussies!

9 posts / 1872 viewsLast Reply

without a doubt mad max II -- greatest movie of all time.

I never quite understood how the super charger was an on-off deal

still

If Australia contributes nothing else in terms of art or cinema rest assured you've done the earth proud.

nice one

the blower is hilarious! i wonder if they at least use it for cold air intake :P

Max Max was made about 10 miles from where I live. Mel went to school in my town - he went to the shit school though :-P

Todd

without a doubt mad max II -- greatest movie of all time.

I never quite understood how the super charger was an on-off deal

according to the INTERNET, weiand never did make an on/off deal for a supercharger. and i quote: "On the movie car, this was all faked. The supercharger was empty and the carburettor sat inside. A small water pump was attached to the front of the supercharger to hold the drive wheel, this also moved the supercharger belt forward to clear the standard 351 water pump assembly, and the distributor has a 90 degree elbow to allow it to clear the supercharger. The supercharger belt is driven by an electric motor which is hidden by a yellow bucket in the garage scene in MM1. Weiand never had a supercharger that could be activated and deactivated."

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/Replica/Black/index.html

interesting!! i had always assumed it was some kind of air-locker or electric clutch (like a/c compressor)... turns out just some writer's imagination....