Sign in to follow this  
robsanab

heater valve lever pin or bolt

7 posts / 987 viewsLast Reply

I'd call it a 'heater valve lever pin or bolt'. It attaches the end of the 'heat on' cable to the heater valve lever. It's been a couple years since this broke off and if I remember correctly it was a bolt or pin with a hole in it... then a nut and some other special washer would clamp down on the end of the cable wire and enable the assembly to swivel on the lever to open and close the valve.

I have not figured out a way to make this work again... there is not much room to make up something elaborate. I'd like to be able to regulate my heat this year. Any suggestions that have worked for you???

BTW, I have no dealers in my area so I don't know if it's still available... but it is shown in realoem.com (figure 64/6, Item 7, P/N#64114674219). Even if it is available, the special washer to make it all swivel isn't even listed.

thanks

say hi to Steve Baker in Bellingham........

baker4.jpg

....and you can just grab the water valve arm and torn it on and off when you want - the valve is still available and the plastic heater box tab that the cable attaches to is usually broken off - which means your back to hand opening/closing under the hood. The water valve has a tiny square end that the cable arm attaches to with a tiny nut. Much patience is required !

I just did this job, it's simpler than it looks. The part # for the bolt you listed is correct, Bavauto ordered it for me, about $ 4.00. I went to the local hardware store and bought 2 - 4mm Stainless steel washers and a SS nut. The bolt has a shoulder on it that is slightly thicker than the thickness of the lever. You put the bolt through the lever then a washer, the cable, another washer and the nut, the cable will be clamped between the two washers and will pivot freely in the lever. Getting the rusted bolt out the lever is another story...... oh, I forgot to renew the orings in the valve, out it comes tonight.

if youd like i can get you this bolt and send it out. prolly 2.50- 3 bucks or so. email me offline if youd like one

oh i see, I thought it required another unavailable piece... great! sounds easy... thanks for the info.

and thanks Blunt, i'll let you know... I have to get some other stuff from Bav Auto I think... so I may just get it all together in one shot... if not I'll get with you, I am going to need some more seals from you eventually, but it looks like not for awhile.

don't know him... is he an 02 guy? (silver blue or red?)

no, the valve is new and works fine... and yes, the bracket is broken off too but the short peice of heater hose keeps the valve where it belongs... the lever will work fine once I get this pin.

The bolt/washer arangement is identical to the manual choke bolt/washer on a single Solex carby. Check it out if you have one stuffed in the shed. Beaner7102