maikelm11

Trailing arms E12

7 posts / 1554 viewsLast Reply

Hi all,

I was looking for trailing arms on a local auction site and found these E12 trailing arms. There for an E12 525 or 528 and used with discs. Does anyone know if they fit to the rear subframe?

Maikel

post-1662-1366756876944_thumb.jpg

ummm.... no but there's only one way to find out! How much??? They look more like an 02 arm than a E21 so maybe.. it all depends on the offset, space between attachment points & stuff like that

I'm in the process of replacing a trailing arm. Looks pretty identical but looks can be deceiving. Do you need one or both arms.

The only big difference is that they come with 5x120 hubs but I find it a plus. Any other differences...? Maybe the track will increes a little like with the 323i trailing arms.

I will need them both. If I get them.

He's asking 100 euro (125$ - 130$) for subframe, trailing arms and anti-roll bar.

post-1662-13667568770499_thumb.jpg

post-1662-13667568771542_thumb.jpg

At the least, you'll have to fabricate a lower spring perch onto them, the E12 uses a coil over rear spring/shock setup.

I had gotten one from a guy and I know he has at least one otherand he sells them for 15 bucks spindle and all. It just had a lot of surface rust but in excellent condition. I'll have to get the site when I get home and post later..sorry I dont know off the top of my head.