GregR

Paging 02Les...

17 posts / 1737 viewsLast Reply

Just curious if you are thinking about going to the Alex Von Fall'n Drive'n in Ark. this Oct.

Hi Greg,

I emailed you yesterday; hope you got it. Not sure if the Touring would make it without something falling off. The exhaust is still band-aided following last year's Meeting.

I really, really, really want to go, but finishing the garage is probably going to take precedence, so I can I start the Touring rebuild.

It's Bill William's fault, and Harv's too!

Oct 27 & 28

Bentonville Hilton Garden Inn 479 464 7300 - Mention "BMW Group" when

making reservations

Exit 85 I540 west .5 mi

Friday dinner 8:00 pm - meet at hotel

Saturday drive (200-250 mi), eat, and talk 02s till we give out

Hope you can make it,

Bo

Thanks les. Hope to see you there! We need to arrange another DFW meet or at least something here in Texas.

I can't agree more. A bomb wouldn't wake up the San Antonio '02ers though. They are around but definately under the radar.

Hey Patrick,

If you decide to attend and you come through Dallas let me know we could caravan.

Les,

I understand fully, there is something to be said for a nice workspace, if something changes let me know.

You going for a ground up restoration?

Greg,

Haven't got the coin for a Bill Williams job; wish I had. Also, I need to do most of the work and i'm rarely home. I guess it really depends what I find underneath the covers.

If I can make it last another twenty years (since the last refurbishment) then that could well outlast me!

We may still make it to Ark, perhaps in the E36 (yeah, sorry about that). I barely kept the black stuff down on the last "ride", and Yvonne's not the best passenger in the World.

I guess you'll have the Korman in & running for then?

I'll let you know what we decide.

Rgds,

Les

Yes, I'm in a bit of a time crunch to get the Korman broke in, I figure I need to put on about 80 miles a night to reach my 1200 mile break in before the end of October. Good thing is I have a bit of madman in me so nothing is impossible.

Les I met a guy with a chamonix 72 tii from san antonio. Seemed like a decent guy.

Pat,

Might be Bert Hernandez (owns Berts Motor Werks). He has NICE 72(?)tii.

He keeps my service/maintainence "stamps" up to date in the Touring handbook.

Les,

That was the guy. He was at the hot summer nights CCA event here in houston. Almost seemed disinterested in 02s.

Hey - how is the siennabraun 02 coming along?

I have a soft spot in my heart for that color.

take care,

Ps

Can't believe i've had the Sienna 4 yrs and done nothing.

Once the garage is finished/useable, i'm going to strip down the Sienna, scrub down the paintwork and remove what little rust it has (it's pretty much rust-free) and send for repaint. Then it will get the motor out of the parts car, new seals etc and hopefully be my "driver" while the Touring gets the make-over.

That's the plan! Got to do something soon as my parts stash is taking over the house and the sheds.