Armond

NE1 know Tinkidz AKA Ambypants on ebay???

41 posts / 2433 viewsLast Reply

I appologize to take bandwidth space in this forum about this but here it it goes.

i paypal'd him 4 weeks ago for $625 for set of wheels/steering box

and i'm unable to contact him. no wheels, no

response, no refund.

is there anyone on this board who can offer him a

gentle reminder that i'm very concerned about the

direction this is taking? This is disappointing. Feel free to e-mail. thank you.

Armond

[email protected]

Hey Armond, sorry to hear your deal is unresolved... The community is too small to not follow up on a sale. Maybe your email addy is blocked or is being filtered out as spam/junk mail?

If not than it's another reason why there should be a member feedback section...

FWIW, he just posted something today in the parts for sale section.

good luck.

ive emailed him yesterday 2 times and got responses right away. ive never dealt with him in anyway though

edit, i sold him something on ebay and it went smoothly

He's a stand up guy with more parts in his house, let alone his storage facility, than he knows what to do with. He's also very busy, and Im sure that there is a good reason for the delay. He took the time to chop off a nose section for a car that he was junking before I ever met him. I also bought a pedal box from him that included some goodies.

I bet he sticks his nose in here sooner than later.

-matt

He's a stand up guy with more parts in his house, let alone his storage facility, than he knows what to do with. He's also very busy, and Im sure that there is a good reason for the delay. He took the time to chop off a nose section for a car that he was junking before I ever met him. I also bought a pedal box from him that included some goodies.

I bet he sticks his nose in here sooner than later.

-matt

You got him AKA Ambypants. Armand, Your $s floating in PayPal. E-mailed them about 4 days ago. I recalled the packages because you wouldn't lift the despute from PP. Now how long PP will take to prosess this, I don't know. I takes a while like I've said in the past. So now that we have brought out the laundry.... Selling a NICE set of 15" Panasports and a non leaking very clean steering box with shipping from coast to coast for 625 I think thats a deal. Oh, don't forget the free door stuff!! I told you over and over and over that I would take the wheels off the car, have the tires removed, clean the rims and had them taken to a packaging company so I could ship them without ANY damage. I too have a life a wife 3 kids and a job. Maybe thats why I sold them so cheap to you after you saying you were tight on funds. I guess from the time you sent to PP(on a sunday) till the time I shipped was 2 weeks. You disputed the charge and PP pulled the $ from my acct. I sent you the tracking # and you still wouldn't lift the despute. From the time you would recieve the package, clear with PP, the funds returned to PP and then clear the acct. again it would be 16 more days. (i verified this with the rep at PP. I'm not just pulling this out of my ass) You said you were not going to lift the despute till you recieved the stuff. Please let me call anyone to send me some wheels and I'll pay for it when it arrives. Like you said to me in a email and yes I've saved all of them " I don't know you from Adam". Now, Your money is at PP and my stuff is floating somewhere between Cali and Ga. You get your money back and I eat 100 for shipping 50 for the recall and 30 for the packing service. The bottom line is the I allways sleep before Birthdays and Christmas. Hell, I've ordered tires on August 1 and they'll get here in Oct. I'm not standing by the mail box. Deal with PP. They have your money. I hope I've made myself clear on this. Tinkidz AKA Ambypants AKA Jeff and to my ex AKA @^*)%

Thanks Matt for the post. I do like to screw folks by over priced items and freebies. How's the project comming? If the weather will give me a break I'll be parting the 75. Seems like when I get some free time It's raining and I need to get all the 02 stuff out of the basement. If you keep it all 02 I have more than you looked at nice headers. I think I'm up to 7 sets now.

I'd like to add that tinkidz (AKA Jeff) was the guy who recently organized a rather nice 2002 gathering at the Vortex in Atlanta. He's a damn good guy, and a great '02 community member to boot.

He also helped me move my rolling shell from a bodyshop to a friend's basement garage (and move about 30 boxes of parts!) on little more than an hour's notice.

Did I mention all the free parts he's handed me?

If there's an issue, there's a reason for it. Jeff is a stand-up guy, and he's not out to screw anyone.

(Oh, and I've seen those Panasports in person. Pretty wheels. Definately worth $600. And I wouldn't continue shipping an item if I couldn't access the payment, either.)

I'm sorry that the transaction went bad. e-mail can be a pain for communicating clearly sometimes.

Jeff has helped me out with some free stuff, and know that he would be a friend even if he didn't have tons of 02 parts!!

he is an asset to the 02 community.

again, sorry your deal went bad.

Jon

Well I'm happy I got his attention. Here is the deal.

It should not matter if I'm getting a good deal on it or not. I sent you the money on the 13th of AUG. It's September 14 and I still dont have anything. It is reasonable to expect speedy shipment and communication when funds have been transferred especially at this dollar amount. You left me no choice after numerous e-mails with no response. 1 week at least. If this was a 100 dollar transaction then it would have been a different story. I'm glad people are backing you as a Stand up guy. That should be the case anyway. Too bad it had to happen this way.

I've been in contact w/ him for several months now, and he's nothing but a bonafide '02 nut, with his heart in the right place. Sounds like he was doing a lot to make the sale, and that it would take some time to get the transaction completed. I know he's got a lot of parts he's selling off, and from my experience, listing ads, closing the sale and packaging can take a lot of time, especially when dealing w/ large items.

When buying/selling on ebay, you have to have some patience. I've had a few people douche me as a seller cuz I didn't ship quick enough for them and another time cuz they got freaked out and thought I was trying to screw them over by replacing their item that they said was DOA. I will never get those tarnish marks removed from my feedback score.

You have to look at the person's feedback and assess the situation. If it's a high dollar item, do some things to establish if the person is honest. Talk to em on the phone, get additional pics, talk to past purchasers. You don't always have to rush to stop paypal or negative feedback. You've got a lot of time to do some recourse. Ebay even stated in their guidelines that buyers should generally wait about 3 weeks to get an auction wrapped up and completed. You've got to realize that sellers often have other responsibilities other than the sale that you are involved with them.

I hope you can get this resolved with Tinkidz, I can vouch for him that he wasn't looking to screw you over. And I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not an evil person, just concerned about your money. We're a great community here, we've got to support each other and have a little patience.

I think anyone would have done what tinkidz did. Pulling the $$ is a tad over agressive - it would have pissed me off too.

I'd like to add that tinkidz (AKA Jeff) was the guy who recently organized a rather nice 2002 gathering at the Vortex in Atlanta. He's a damn good guy, and a great '02 community member to boot.

He also helped me move my rolling shell from a bodyshop to a friend's basement garage (and move about 30 boxes of parts!) on little more than an hour's notice.

Did I mention all the free parts he's handed me?

If there's an issue, there's a reason for it. Jeff is a stand-up guy, and he's not out to screw anyone.

(Oh, and I've seen those Panasports in person. Pretty wheels. Definately worth $600. And I wouldn't continue shipping an item if I couldn't access the payment, either.)

H krix....You don't have your facts straight. He decided to delay the shipment because he wanted the paypal funds to clear in his bank account That should not dealy the shipment. I paid by credit card through paypal. Funds are immediately available.

I think anyone would have done what tinkidz did. Pulling the $$ is a tad over agressive - it would have pissed me off too.

Agressive? Let's see. Paid 625 on time......tried e-mailing....no response.....no shipdate.