Sign in to follow this  
PSloan

Anyone want a 2002ti?

5 posts / 945 viewsLast Reply

If anyone remembers - a couple of years ago I tried to buy a 2002ti here locally. The guy wanted way too much, so I never bought it. I never saw it again until today - when i stopped by his place and saw it tucked away in the back of his garage. since, the engine has been pulled (matching #s, BTW) and the head and cam had been pulled for whatever reason. He said some dude bought it and lost interest. I told him I'd trade him for my 69 1600 (the $450 car I just bought) and he said if its drivable the guy would probably do it as he's tired of fooling with the ti. I'm sure since he's a noob I can convince him a 38/38 is as good as 40's and the 5 speeds are the same. Since that is very unlikely though - he also said the guy is looking to sell it. I cant justify buying a 4th 2002, so if anyone is interested let me know and if my deal falls through maybe we can work something out. I'm pretty sure he will want upwards of 3k for it - as thats what I think he paid. It also comes with brand new 40 DCOEs. the interior is trashed - and it has fender flares. they seem to be metal pig cheeks. Also, there is some poor body work on the passengers side nose and inner fender. It is relatively rust free and comes with a close ratio 5 speed.

i'd be interested. although the interior is trashed, is it complete?, stock?

are the original carbs and airfilter and badges still with it?

i was trying to get something going with the fellow in canada who advertised a pair of these on this board, but his emails are few and far between. who knows? perhaps a car already in the US would be easier to deal with anyways.

keep me posted: jerryallsmanATyahooDOTcom

The interior is complete with the chrome dash and clock, ect. The badges are all there. The side drafts have the entire air filter assembly. It's a neat car for sure.