AirCooledRules

New pix of the 73.

13 posts / 1158 viewsLast Reply

Hey guys, i just washed the car and decided to take a couple pictures. I havnt decided yet, but i may be selling the car in the near future. i just purcahsed a 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 1000 and im not sure if i have enough time to care for my 1960 beetle, my scirocco restoration project, the bike, my porsche 968 daily driver and still have enough time and cash for the 2002.

What do you think ?

IMGP1189.jpg

IMGP1176.jpg

IMGP1187.jpg

IMGP1184.jpg

I need to buy the clips to put the rocker moldings back on. ive got to swing by the dealer and order those, unless you guys know another source?

Hey your just north of me. Doesn't look to bad washed up, I really like the wheels on there if you decided to part with it might have to try and bribe you out of em.

Tristan

rocker moulding clips...

BavAuto....cheaper and fast shipping

agreed... sell the v - dubs and cherry out the 2002

Yeh, keep the 02! lots of fun

btw, like your music lance!

It would be a tough call.. I was into air cooled VW's for years! '62,'64,'69 bug's and a '66 kombi "Cal" bus. I wished I held onto it now that I see what they are going for on Ebay :(

I keep thinking my next project will be a VW of some sort, possibly a dual cab transporter...

Your '73 looks great! What happened to your centercaps?

Seems most of the US cars had pretty basic vinyl seats. The type that you have were quite common in Europe, and velour centres are much better; cooler in the summer, and warmer in the winter.

ive got a spare set of rocker clips if you like (but im out of town for the next week and a half)

Send me an email if you want 'em. Brand new set, 2002ad sent me 2 of them for some reason...

I like German cars as much as the next guy, but common sense should dictate that a BMW takes presidence over any other car especially a vw.

Ben

Thanks alot for offering the clips, i think my friend in town actually has some extras. if it doesnt work out ill let you know.

as for the center caps, i have them but some are damaged, and the wheels are on the car because im having the original steelies sandblasted today.

If anyone is at all interested in the car and has any questions, let me know. This is not a for sale thread but you know know.

Oh mhh if your swapping back the steelies whats happening to those when they come off of it? Whats your daily driver, if anything just cruise the BMW for the daily while fixing up the VW's.

Tristan