Jack

A New Book!

5 posts / 1358 viewsLast Reply

Stopped at Bav Auto yesterday and spied a new book, at least to me. "BMW E30-3Series Restoration Bible" by Andrew Everett. Have just skimmed it so far but looks pretty good.

ive been reading "DRIVEN: how BMW blah blah conquered the world" or something like that. its sitting a few feet from me but i cant bring myself to get the exact title.. ;-p

anyways good book. also found a march 2002 "european car" article about the history of BMW engines, in and out of the ///M division! did you know for example that the m10 was the basis for the m30 and not vice versa?? so *THATS* why they share starter/flywheel/etc.s!!! ;)

Driven: About BMW the World's Most Admired Car Company" was published two years ago by David Kiley, an auto journalist and Detroit Bureau Chief for USA Today.

If you look at the "Acknowledgements" page, he thanks his wife, his assistant editor and before he thanks all of the BMW executives, he thanks someone named Cordelia Wolfe for letting him drive her car.

Cordelia "Delia" Wolfe

:)

If/when I ever get out your way, I'll have to have you sign my copy. :)

Doug

'73tii Atlantik