Mikes12

Question about A/C on a Tii

2 posts / 818 viewsLast Reply

I am restoring a 73 Tii and plan to add A/C. I have a Behr console and evaporator that check out ok. I plan to use new parts for everything else. I have two questions. The first is how to drive off of the crank since the space between the existing pulley and fan is close. Second because of the limited space in front of the radiator what size condensor can be used. Any information will be greatly appreciated. You can email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks to Keith Kreeger, the Behr installation and parts manuals are online at http://www.thetiiregister.com/behrac/index.htm Those should be of some help.

The compressor drive belt goes on the new inner slot of a special tii pulley. Belt clearance requires a couple of notches in the front timing covers.

Email me if you want dimensions of the condensor, and you don't find them in the manuals. I have a couple of spares I can measure. The stock Behr fan is quite thick. If you're not using the stock condenser and fan, you might be able to use a thinner fan, such as a SPAL, and get space for more condenser thickness.