Sign in to follow this  
PSloan

What slave cylinder does the 5 speed use?

10 posts / 1311 viewsLast Reply

did you buy a kit? The ONLY thing I don't really like from Aardvark is the longer flex hose. It's the strangest thing and it fits really poorly IMO. I probably rigged it up differently than it was designed, and being the cocky SOB that I am I lost Dave's instructions but probably wouldn't have read them anyway.

I ended up using the stock length solid slave line, running it to the stock bracket, and then adapting the "longer" slave line to that. The only problem is I litterally had to put a loop (like when you coil a garden hose or something) in the flex line and it's now laying on the top of the clutch master. I had to wrap it with fuel/radiator hose to protect it and it just looks wrong. Wish I had a pic but can you share what you're doing & what you plan to do? This is an area which I will need to address shortly. Perhaps look at using the stock E21 solid and flex line? that's what I'll look into next. (the problem is joining them - you'll need a female/female metric connector)

'cause it's a real PITA to replace with the tranny in place, and the price was right. Fit perfectly too...

mike

'cause it's a real PITA to replace with the tranny in place, and the price was right. Fit perfectly too...

mike

Mike,

Does it go straight from the Slave Cyl over to the Mast cyl?....

ughhh..... hindsight

PSloan: If you want, I have an "extra" 5-speed slave cylinder you can have for free. I bought it with the Aardvarc kit, but followed some direction which (in retrospect) was bad. I put the slave cylinder on and attempted to bleed the line prior to installing on the tranny. Ultimately the push-rod (probably the wrong term) ended up protruding too far out of the slave. Apparently if you're careful it can be pushed back in, but I was so impatient I just went out and bought another one. So, I have a new one that just needs a little TLC (from what I'm told.) If you want it, just drop me an email at tomandanja AT yahoo DOT com. I'll be out of the country for a few more days so the earliest I could send it your way is early next week.