• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"NEW" '74 2002tii for auction!!!!

02Les

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That front seat looks pretty flat for a little over one oil change worth of milage...

And what the hell is that knob on the trunklid? CB antenna mount?

i noticed the same thing about the front seat. maybe the sneaky son (per auction listing) was a fat-ass. although, deep down, i can't say that i blame him for sneaking a drive now and then. who could resist that??

this car would raise a dilema for me. IF the mileage is accurate (and it appears so) it makes it a truely rare car indeed , i'd almost be compelled to put it on a pedestal and not drive it, ever. course, that is the worst thing for all the rubber seals and not in keeping with the joy of these cars.

oh well, unless i win the lottery, that won't be my decision to make. sigh...

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I think it's some sort of radio antenna.

Also, note the speedo - it's leaning slightly to the left (the cross hairs do line up with the two gauges either side).

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

until it's sat on. Same thing happened to my rear seat, the horsehair turned to dust with pressure.

My speedo doesn't line up either. I've tried to adjust it a little, but nothing. I've never thought to look at another 02, I've just learned to live with it.

A trap mirrowr on a '74? Hmmmmm. I thought they were all flags. Not an early VIN either.

Craig74tii

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Mercedes Benz 300CD, 300TD

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

Im thinking that the stereo and CB were probably dealer-installed options (though that wiring in the trunk looks like ass) That Blaupunkt and those rear speaker grilles sure are period-correct.

Some dealer documentation, along with underside shots, could clear all this up in a hurry.

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

Though is has been olften debated on this forum, trap mirror is correct for a '74.

My new '74 #4225509 came with one.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

That Blaupunkt radio, power antenna and speakers may be "vintage-correct."

In the mid 70s when the US dollar was sinking and the prices of Germna Radios were sky-high, some Blaupunkts like the Combo II AM/FM/Stereo Cassette were made in Japan.

I can't tell from the pics, but that looks like the real thing. I have one in my tii.

BTW, the thin plastic covering the back seat is "factory issue." It's left over from assembly at the factory. Some new owners kept it on to protect the seat vinyl. I left the plastic on my new '74 for about a year before it got tattered enough to remove.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

"flag" mirrors were used only on 75s and 76s from the factory (as well as early 320's), but are commonly installed on earlier cars as they provide much better rear visibility...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite