Armond

VDO console mounting

12 posts / 1943 viewsLast Reply

Need ideas on this mod please. Should I just make one or does anyone have one laying around? Length should at least be 7-3/4 and pods are the usual 2-1/2 in dia. Thanks

make your own...the way you want things set up...it's relatively easy

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

i did and it came out ok, next one will be better...

i have a left over blank of aluminum 8x10 left over if you want to go that route. let me know. it does not have any holes in it yet except for two integrated mounting screws.

30 shipped i will get a photo of the blank if you want.

let me know

post-211-13667568671306_thumb.jpg

Esty again that looks really nice how you have it setup. Also if you don't want to do it your self try parker perfromance, i know people on this board have it and like the quality.

Tristan

p.s. your stuff is going out well today now, accidentally left your box at home when I went out so sorry but it'll be on its way down to you tomorrow i cleaned em up some also.

number of gauges and replace the seat belt warning light atop your dash. Underneath the light is a 1x2" hole and two screw holes--more than enough space to run wires for several gauges.

Advantages are (1) the gauges are in your line of sight so you don't have to look away from the road to read 'em--and they'll be in focus if you're "visually challenged." (2) they replace that useless seat belt sign with something useful and (3) you retain the storage space in your console (presuming you don't have A/C)

I've had three gauges atop the dash on my 73 since 1989 and love 'em there...

mike

Could you post up a picture of your setup? I too am looking for some gauge mounting ideas and I like the little storage bin in my console.

Thanks

Dennis

try...in the meantime, here's a word picture.

What I have is a three gauge pod from England, of a type I don't think is avaiable any more. However, there are plenty of comparable gauge housings for single, dual and triple 2 1/8" gauges available--just get one with a backside (i.e. not meant for underdash mounting).

I mounted mine by taking a piece of wood and drilling it to match the existing mounting holes for the seat belt warning light box. I then drilled a larger hole in the middle of the wood mount to feed the wiring thru, and painted the mount black to match the dash. I then mounted the gauge pod to the wood. So there wouldn't be any screws showing, I velcro'ed the gauge pod to the wood, but you can just as easily use screws. BTW, the Velcro has been holding since about 1989...drivers schools, autocrosses and all.

hope that helps you get started. Try some of the companies that sell VDO (and other brand) gauges for mounting pods.

cheers

mike