Guest Anonymous

CAD/CAM Project for Rear Disk Brakes??? ANY PROGRESS

12 posts / 1914 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone have heard anymore work on this;

"I have a machinist who is willing to make me the bracket needed for a rear disc upgrade. Someone posted a while ago an offer to email a PDF or CAD of the braket. If anyone has this and will offer it to me can you please post or email it? I'm looking for a rear disc upgrade WITH PARKING BRAKE.

Thanks,

TJW

thomasjwinston at yahoo dot com"

If people want, I can supply ready-made stainless steel brackets to fit the VW Rabbit front rotor and rear GTi/Jetta caliper with e-brake. Cost for a pair will be around $50usd. They would require a few washers to properly center the caliper to the rotor though. Nonetheless, I need to have a group order before I send my files to laser cutting.

351-5190_IMG.jpg

BTW For those who know me from the Massive Brakes adventure, I am very proud to announce that I have seriously improved my offering, in term of quality, finish and selection. I now have 330mm x 32mm kits for e30 M3s, e36s and e28s. And still offer kits for 2002s and e21s, now with anodized finish. e46s coming soon.

DSCF0191.jpg

DSCF0193.jpg

DSCF0215.jpg

Massive_6.jpg

Did I get annodised? Tell me I did! :-) If not, I will be happy as gold and silver do not really go :-P

Looking good Lee... great to hear you have expended the kits! I'd be keen on a set. Next time I will use airmail as the trip across the pond takes way too long! :-)

Todd

I was simply looking for the specs so I could get a set made up for free.... I think I'm going to end up going with a modified E21 rear disc trailing arm though since no one seems willing to offer up their propriatary property.

Great product! I'll definitely buy from you assuming your prices stay competitive when it comes time for my project '02. You even got me thinkin about those for my M Coupe, but I think I'm staying stock. I'm really easy on brakes and as far as I know, my 3 owner '99 M Coupe is on the same brakes (I don't know how) since new. At least according to my really good records.

Hi Todd.

Your batch is plain aluminum. As far as shipping delays, please let me know if you did not receive the shipment within two weeks.

Lee

I was simply looking for the specs so I could get a set made up for free.... I think I'm going to end up going with a modified E21 rear disc trailing arm though since no one seems willing to offer up their propriatary property.

Hi Justin. There is no "specs" to speak of. Simply install your rotor, position the caliper over the rotor and draw your template from cardboard or wood. Clean up the drawing, make a first mock-up. Test and correct your drawing.

Bring your piece of paper to your friend and he will make four 10mm holes and a big one in the center. Nothing proprietary here. I made my rear kit in about 4 hours myself. BTW To make it even simpler, just use two 10mm holes. The bracket is VERY easy to make.

Hi Todd.

Your batch is plain aluminum. As far as shipping delays, please let me know if you did not receive the shipment within two weeks.

Lee

No worries Lee... I will let you know when they arrive! :-) Hopefully soon!

Todd

lee, id be in for a buy of the rabbit/jetta mounts. Is there a way you can do them so spacers would not be required?

lee, id be in for a buy of the rabbit/jetta mounts. Is there a way you can do them so spacers would not be required?

Do make up the brackets without spacers is VERY easy as Lee suggests. To make up a set properly spaced will be MUCH harder and more costly - close to $200/bracket ($200/side) that's what I was looking for - a CAD drawing of a bracket already spaced. You'll have to take a piece of stock as thick as the bracket + spacers and then machine it down to fit. I'm assuming that you can't just use a thicker plate.... but that is an assumption.

To do a correct-fitting direct bolt up bracket would take a machine shop's time at thier labor and you rise up over $50 very quickly....

(Correct me if I'm wrong here)

Guest Anonymous

Jwinston,

Please email me when you get the chance:

justinevertatsbcglobaldotnet

re: 323/rdb project

J.E.

To do a correct-fitting direct bolt up bracket would take a machine shop's time at thier labor and you rise up over $50 very quickly....

(Correct me if I'm wrong here)

1/2" is too thick, 1/4" requires a few washers. I might find proper stainless steel material equivalent to around 3/8". Cutting is done by laser, and is cheap. Machining even with CNC costs me $100/hour. So, I must pick what technology to use.

I will start the project and will let you know next week.