Sign in to follow this  
Lars

Pertronix Flamethrower revisited....

3 posts / 512 viewsLast Reply

From the Pertronix website....

What applications are covered with the PerTronix Flame-Thrower™ coils?

Our Flame-Thrower coils are designed specifically for compatibility with our Ignitor™. However, it may also be used with a point type system or any other system that calls for a 1.5 or 3.0-ohm coil.

Now, this is sort of like the 2nd amendment, sort of confusing, but if you take it exactly for what it says and don't read between the lines, it is saying that if I'm running an Ignitor, then I can run the coil, with no resistors. Plus even if I wasn't running the ignitor, I can still use it if it I needed a 1.5 or 3.0 ohm coil, meaning that it is internally resisted.

I think there was some confusion about this last week when it was brought up with people saying it needed resistors to be added to run the Flamethrower.

An email to Pertronix asking if the Flamethrower is internally resistored, would solve all confusion. Beaner7102

Guest Anonymous
From the Pertronix website....

What applications are covered with the PerTronix Flame-Thrower™ coils?

Our Flame-Thrower coils are designed specifically for compatibility with our Ignitor™. However, it may also be used with a point type system or any other system that calls for a 1.5 or 3.0-ohm coil.

Now, this is sort of like the 2nd amendment, sort of confusing, but if you take it exactly for what it says and don't read between the lines, it is saying that if I'm running an Ignitor, then I can run the coil, with no resistors. Plus even if I wasn't running the ignitor, I can still use it if it I needed a 1.5 or 3.0 ohm coil, meaning that it is internally resisted.

I think there was some confusion about this last week when it was brought up with people saying it needed resistors to be added to run the Flamethrower.

You need the 3 ohm version and no resistor is required.

Actually the 2nd amendment is pretty clear, it's the distorted interpretations that creat confusion.