Sign in to follow this  
Napes

A speedo repair recommedation.

6 posts / 1045 viewsLast Reply

Week ago I got my speedo back, overhauled and calibrated, and yesterday I had the opportunity to do timed checks over 3 miles and 5 kilometers (So.AZ has the only Interstate in the country signed completely in kilometers) and the speedo was absolutely right on @ both 60mph and 80mph. Cost, including return/insured postage, was $145.50.

Cost me $9.50 to ship it to them, insured for $300. They all, including the receptionist, sound to be Germans - not real friendly, but spot on as to what you should do (how to ship) and what they'll do. I'm very pleased.

Speedometer Plus

8916 Ellis Ave.

Los Angeles, CA 90034

310/838-7350

Bob Napier

Did they recalibrate based on a different diff/gearbox/tire size combo? or just get it reading right?? Beaner7102

I informed them my tranny & diff were stock and that my 195/60 tires on 14x6 rims are very close to OEM diameter, so they calibrated to the stamping on the metal backing plate of the speedo.

Bob Napier

..for $145.50 - that's about what I paid for my NEW 1976 2002

speedo from BMW (5-6 years a go)- thats perfectly accurate.

That was a good deal, BMW list on the 74 on speedo is $ 315.00. They don't seem to account for the change of rear end ratio for the 76 model year either.

get a new one from W&N for 90euro($115) + $50 shipping