Skippy_the_Bush_Kangaroo

Best way to bring a motor home?

7 posts / 1197 viewsLast Reply

how I know this!). Your idea will work just fine so long as nothing delicate is on the tire side (I'd carry it exhaust manifold down)

mike

Skippy, I've shipped heaps of motors around on a tyre (no rim) in the back of a trailer, with the slant of the M10 block it will want to lie on its exhaust side, just remove the manifold so you don't damage it. I also used a block of wood 3"x2" and 2' long under about where the mani was, with the oilpan just overhanging the edge of the tyre. Oil drainage is optional, I've moved two M10s and neither leaked oil (dizzy, fuel pump on, oil cap all in place) . Good luck with it, Beaner7102.

If so then place the subframe on a pallet and secure it with bolts. That's your ideal way to ship/crate a motor. If not others have suggested the best way. Just be mindfull of the manifolds (both) as the last thing you need is to be pulling out studs from the head or cracking manifolds.