1976BMW

radiator explosion!!!

6 posts / 759 viewsLast Reply

Hey guys (and gals),

Last night on the way home my radiator cracked the driver's side support and wound up creeping into the fan and shreaded both at about 90 MPH!!! What a mess!!! Who has the best deal on a new radiator (supplier & part number would be great) if this one can not be salvaged. I'm also looking into a electric fan as well.

Who out there has already gone through this so I can save some guess work as to what electric fan and replacement radiator will work for my application???? Thanks!!!!

Jim ~

Albuquerque, NM

505-220-3460 (Cell)

Guest Anonymous

I have a nice 2002 radiator I'll sell for $70 plus shipping. I can email you pics...steve

Curt Ingraham or (2) take the remains of yours to a local radiator shop and have 'em install a three row core in your old frame if it's salvageable. I did the latter in 1987 (before Curt was doing this) and the radiator has been functioning just fine ever since. Don't know if the number is correct now, but then it was a RADAC #26 core. Curt's radiator is a turnkey operation--bolts right in to the original mounts, same thickness, more cooling capacity, looks stock.

mike

Yeah grab a 320i radiator.

worked for me! *cant* overheat lil lisa, not even in disgusting alabama summers...