It's Official. Watkins Glen Vintage 2007. BMW honored...

9 posts / 1082 viewsLast Reply

Just got an email from Watkins confirming BMW will be the honored marque next year. Mark your calendars and make some plans for Sept 8-10. Looks like the party is going to start Friday night with re-enactment of original street races.

anyone have a list of hotels/motels/Inns in the area?

mac.

Any west coasters want to attend? This could be a very cool drive!

Cris

Any west coasters want to attend? This could be a very cool drive!

Cris

I'm down if it's over the summer holiday.

Now you're talking. I'll mark my calender once the dates are settled. What do you think, 4 days there and 4 days back. Lets get Moe to go.

Cris

region. I am not a New Yorker and they can tell you better. But it is at the southern tip of on of the finger lakes in NY wine country. Corning, home of Corning Glass, is one of the larger cities close. Watkins Glenn is north of Corning.

Hotels are really hard to get for this event. There are several of us planning on camping either at the track or in Watkins Glen State Park.

When BMW is the honored marque, the vintage fleet from BMW NA/Mobile Traditions/PTG shows up for display and parade and passing laps.

Now you're talking. I'll mark my calender once the dates are settled. What do you think, 4 days there and 4 days back. Lets get Moe to go.

Cris

I think that 4 days there and 4 days back is possible, but do you know how many miles it is? It's pretty freakin far from the Bay Area. I bet Moe would be down.