Biscuit3

The Future of Karl Part 2

10 posts / 999 viewsLast Reply

Ever since the beginning of this year, I have had dreams in which I have owned Karl and a mysterious red 2002. Since meeting Craig's "Red" approximately two months ago, I figured that Red is the mysterious 02er in my dreams and thought nothing of it. Until now...

There was a previous thread that I have created last week on why I should move to Victoria. There is a nice 1973 RED 2002 there. And well, boyfriend bought it tonight. So, as soon as I get a return email from Beaner about the transport of the car, it will soon be at the shop, ready to go.

If you are curious, have another look at the eBay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140025716859&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

So with a heavy heart, "Bertie" which is what this car's name is, could be Karl's replacement. Depending on which car is in better condition, that will become my daily driver. But no, I am not giving up Karl that easily. The car that needs the most work will become...

A DRAG CAR!!!

So, the one that needs the work will get the M46 engine, the fuel injection, and the power. The one that needs minor work will get the nice Bilstein shocks, reconditioned dash, etc. However, I think you guys can guess that either way, I'll more than likely be fighting to keep Karl as my daily driver. Let's face it, I have a feeling the new car's engine will be in better condition, so we can just put it into Karl when the M46 goes in.

I am so excited about this! Mainly because boyfriend will now know what it's like to own one of these magnificant cars and hopefully, he'll get a tattoo as well! No, not really. I talked about it so much tonight, I got banned from mentioning the car for the rest of the night. So that's why I'm posting now. Of course, there will be more to come, hopefully the car will be here within two weeks!

post-1526-13667568447098_thumb.jpg

I feel like you'll be disappointed in a huge engine transplant. I'm finding out slowly that its 2002s simplicity that makes them awesome.

I'm finding out slowly that its 2002s simplicity that makes them awesome.

One of the cars in my signature is a true testament to my abilities as a driver.

One of the cars in my signature has a @#%$#&[email protected]%@#$ computer in it.

One of the cars in my signature has the mind, heart, and soul of a sports car.

One of the cars in my signature has cup holders and the HK premium sound package.

One of the cars in my signature is a true testament to my abilities as a driver.

One of the cars in my signature has a @#%$#&[email protected]%@#$ computer in it.

One of the cars in my signature has cup holders and the HK premium sound package.

well put PSloan and Vroomer. it IS the simplicity and soul that make these cars special. once in a while i fancy the notion of what it might be like to have an S14 or M20 transplant but then i get into my DD 75 02 (which still doesn't have a radio after a year and a half of ownership) and enjoy the little engine that could. i feel i must exhaust the available enhancements to these wonderful M10's before venturing into the morass.

Hence why I'll be fighting to keep Karl as my daily driver! The red car isn't going to be mine anyway and seeing as Karl just went into my name last Wednesday (wooohooo!), I don't want to turn him into some thick neck, no brain car eg. full of muscle.

He got another tune up today, fixed the wire that kept blowing the fuse, adjusted the steering box (sorry Andrew, I won't be buying your's now), and the turn signal light comes on in the dash now, and man, it all sure makes a difference. It's going to be hells of fun fixing the new car up to be a drag racer, but then again, it's hells of fun just changing Karl's oil, so either way, I can't lose! I'm still pretty excited actually having a roundie one around. I've never seen one!

What sort of modifications is your boyfriend going to do to make it a drag car? Seems like a bit f shame to destroy a car in what looks like great condition to go drag racing in. Couldn't he have bought the e21 drag car that keeps popping up on ebay and has already had a lot of the work done?

Awesome man. the car in my icon has a #@%#@%#!!! computer in it.

I dunno. Upon fixing Karl again last night, he might have other plans for it. A drag car would be nice as the team doesn't have one yet, but like I've been saying, it all relies on how good a condition the car is in. If it is really good, there is no doubt that the car will be kept stock. Hell, now he is getting excited about the Show & Shine in a month's time! I think the drag car idea may have only been a passing one!