ibjettin

Re-chroming bumpers

5 posts / 859 viewsLast Reply

Does anyone have a referral in the bay area?

What could I expect to pay for some dings removed and new chrome on a rear bumper?

Thanks.

You may want to check out Aardvark ( http://www.2002parts.com/ ). He lists pricing for re-chromed bumpers. I would guess that his pricing would be comprable to what you get in the Bay Area minus shipping.

San Joaquin Chrome. They were timely and charged about $80.00usd a piece. Pretty reasonable for the quality of work and for this area.

Cris

Due to the air quality board in the Bay Area, most of these companies were forced to move out to the central valley. You might want to do a search in Stockton or Modesto. I have heard of some guys sending stuff all the way down to Fresno.

I made some phone calls yesterday for a couple rough estimates. One place here in San Jose said they did one not too long ago and it cost $80 for each end and $200 for the center section. He said the bumper he did at that price needed minimal straightening... Mine wold cost a bit more since there's a few dents... $360 (starting) seems a bit steep for me right now.