• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 - 1970 ti's for sale in Calgary

tiguy

1970 2002 ti VIN# 1689057

100% original ti. Solexes still have factory BMW ID tags on them. Correct airbox and fender mount. Euro lights and bumpers. Wide license plate mount w/tag lights facing up from rear bumper. No air tube hole in rad support. Big struts and brakes. Boxed rear control arms. High compression engine with 292 cam. Mechanical advance distributor. Correct exhaust manifold. Correct vented steering wheel and clock. Chrome dash. Underhood ID plate says BMW 2002 TI. Front and rear 2002 ti emblems. I think it has a close ratio steering box, faster than my tii.

Runs good, drove it around the yard today. Glass and interior good, body needs total restoration. Red in color.

#2 - 1970 2002 ti VIN# 1691169

99% original ti. Same as above but has header and wrong steering wheel. This one was originally a close ratio 5-speed but now has a 4-speed. Has rear shoulder belts and dual trapezoid mirrors. Comes with NOS BMW full rebuild kits for the Solexes incl jets, inlet valves, needles and seats, gaskets and o-rings etc. (FWIW I ordered these kits 12 years ago from the dealer. 3 months later when they arrived from Germany they told me they were the last ones on earth).

Runs good, also drove it around the yard today. Body needs total restoration. Orange in color, was orig burgundy.

Your choice, $2500 CDN firm. The ti parts and engines alone are worth more than that. I'm moving to my farm in the sticks of Saskatchewan so this is the only time they will be offered for sale. If they don't sell here in Calgary, they will be doomed to a slow death chasing mad cows.

E-mail: VetteZ06 at telus dot net

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the intersest from the U.S. from true enthusiasts. Unfortunately, with no "Title" that follows a car in Canada and not being registered in 10 years these cars would likely have been a nightmare to register in the U.S. I guess I foolishly thought by stating a deadline because I am moving I would get a response from the large local 02 community. I was wrong. Not one single reply. Too bad for them. If someone had showed up, I would have sold these cars for a song, trunks stuffed full of 20 years worth of 02 performance parts ( 6 - Weber 32/36, 4 - 40 DCOE sidedrafts, aftermarket performance manifolds, mechanical distributors, new tii flywheel clutch and pressure plate, Kamei and Zender spoilers, headers and Ansa exhaust etc. etc.,Factory ti owners manuals, Factory original repair manuals, Factory parts manuals, 5 Cosmic mags, 4 Ronal, 4 BBS, 4 Compomotive, 4 new 320 Turbines, MOMO etc.)

It was never about the money, I've got more than I need. It was about someone saving these pieces of BMW history.

Well, time has run out. The cars had to be gone by the end of the month.The cars have gone to the crusher, the mags and aluminum parts have gone to the recycler and the parts have gone to the landfill.

To the local 02ers: Keep on posing you do it so well. See you fading fast in my rearview mirror.

R.I.P. 2 more bite the dust.

• 3 years later...
  • 7 years later...