robspeed

Installing Turbo Flares!

8 posts / 11219 viewsLast Reply

What parts of the rear end need to be cut out and reinforced, actually doing the cutting, front fenders also. How to fasten the flares, how to tie to turbo (or other?) airdamns, etc.!

This is one i *MIGHT* do at *SOME* point as i have some rust around my rear wells that a proper flare install would fix. front fenders have to GO! (too far gone)

I'll be doing this soon and had some questions for those that have done it. How many holes are drilled? Spaced how far apart? What type of fasteners (websites to order from)? I'd be interested in using something other than machine screws or rivets. Something similar to fasteners used to hold panels on sport bikes.

I'm not as concerned about the front, but I heard the rear needs to be welded? Is this true? Are there any other websites for reference?

Thanks

I'll be doing this soon and had some questions for those that have done it. How many holes are drilled? Spaced how far apart? What type of fasteners (websites to order from)? I'd be interested in using something other than machine screws or rivets. Something similar to fasteners used to hold panels on sport bikes.

I'm not as concerned about the front, but I heard the rear needs to be welded? Is this true? Are there any other websites for reference?

Thanks

The rear end needs to be cut and welded. Ive seen pics of it being done, just dont remember who posted them. This stuff is relatively easy to research, someone just has to take it upon themselves to do so *AND* post the results here!! :) (hint, hint ;-p)

Thanks Rob! So when are you going to post your findings :P (I kid, I kid)

I will be doing mine in a few weeks - I'll be sure to take pics and create a write up...

I was just more curious of other options for fastening them other than rivets.

(edited)
On 9/2/2006 at 10:31 PM, robspeed said:

excellent! perhaps all we need here is to link to those pics! :)

Sorry to revive an old thread, but every post with this link is dead.

Does anyone have a duplicate link or offline copy saved?

UPDATE: Dug up a cached link, exported into a PDF file. You can also click on the photos within the PDF, that will lead you to the full resolution photos. Enjoy!

2002 Turbo Flares Documentation.pdf

Edited by slaviklungu
Attached PDF

On 4/8/2019 at 6:43 PM, slaviklungu said:

Sorry to revive an old thread, but every post with this link is dead.

Does anyone have a duplicate link or offline copy saved?

UPDATE: Dug up a cached link, exported into a PDF file. You can also click on the photos within the PDF, that will lead you to the full resolution photos. Enjoy!

2002 Turbo Flares Documentation.pdf

Tried to download the pics so I could take them to the body shop printed in 8 x 10 format, but the resolution is 500 x 375. Does anyone have them saved in higher res?

Thanks,

Harry