• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barry Bonds Dilemma

pbryantr

If you caught Barry Bonds' 715th HR ball, what would you do?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. If you caught Barry Bonds' 715th HR ball, what would you do?

• Keep it?
    • Throw it back on the field?

I got to thinking about how absurd this Barry Bonds saga is... and remembered how the Wrigley Field Bleacher Bums would throw back each HR ball hit by the opposing team. So, I ask you baseball fans, are you in it for the money or for the enjoyment of the game. I bring you a new poll, which will then run for 7 days.

Given a choice, if you were a spectator at the game in which Bonds hit his 715th HR, and you happened to catch the ball, would you keep it for the glory (or sell it) OR throw it back on the field?

Vote and Discuss amongst yourselves.

(EDITED to replace one word "catch" instead of "hit", my bad!)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'd keep it. Just so he wouldn't have it.

Then I'd probably destroy it. Just so no one could have it.

Why? He's just an entertainer. I'd get more entertainment out of that act than I would watching him hit a ball out of the park.

$%^#@$^ "BALCO Baby".

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

2007 Jeep Wranger X with all the trimmings

re:Vroomers comment on Balco-

I'd just like to see drug testing in all sports as it is done in professional cycling. Usually the first three finishers from each stage are teated as well as the GC contenders. Even in the "off season" the UCI can call them up and tell them to report for drug testing within 24 hours. Ask Tyler Hamilton if he has gotten his appeal to re-instate his Olympic gold medal or his racing license for that matter.

Howzabouts they start that with basketball- the top three points scorers in each game are tested for performance enhancing substances, or how about the whole baseball team that wins a pivotal game is subjected to screening. Maybe call up a certain percentage of NFL players in June and tell them to get in for a blood test in the next 24 hours.

While I think the results would be absolutely hilarious, it would do a real number on the "business". Big money would not let their stars be tainted.

They stand too much to loose.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

re:Vroomers comment on Balco-

I'd just like to see drug testing in all sports as it is done in professional cycling. Usually the first three finishers from each stage are teated as well as the GC contenders. Even in the "off season" the UCI can call them up and tell them to report for drug testing within 24 hours. Ask Tyler Hamilton if he has gotten his appeal to re-instate his Olympic gold medal or his racing license for that matter.

Howzabouts they start that with basketball- the top three points scorers in each game are tested for performance enhancing substances, or how about the whole baseball team that wins a pivotal game is subjected to screening. Maybe call up a certain percentage of NFL players in June and tell them to get in for a blood test in the next 24 hours.

While I think the results would be absolutely hilarious, it would do a real number on the "business". Big money would not let their stars be tainted.

They stand too much to loose.

Track and Field is the same way. Testing anytime, anywhere.

The comment that made me the most upset about this whole thing was when he said he was an entertainer.

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

2007 Jeep Wranger X with all the trimmings

• Administrators

Keep it and sell it to the highest dumb ass, sorry, bidder. Do you know how many 2002s you can get for $2mil?

I think all pro sports should have the same testing system as Olympics. And yes, if you test positive they take your records away. no astricts. Just remove from the record books as never existed.

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store