• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Al/Esty Poll

NickVyse

Has this escalated into a personal attack?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Has this escalated into a personal attack?

• yes
    • no

Sorry if this is pouring fuel on the flames, but the subject doesn't seem to want to go away and there are strong views on both sides.

It would be crazy to lose Al as a contributor to this board (and I mean that in an 02 community sense), but equally it would be the beginning of the end if users started to be banned from the FAQ.

So in the interest of self-policing perhaps democracy will rule. Your stance Esty, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that you are doing the 02 community a favour by pointing out the customer service short comings of a supplier, and that this hasn't excalated into a personal attack on a small business.

So what does everyone else think? If it's the latter then perhaps Esty will agree to stop and we can all get on with talking 02's and stop staring at the accident.

He ships me my stuff. What he ships has been very high quality. I think Al my be a bit stretched right now but I remember how he started and I appreciate what he is going through in trying to build his business. At this point, it isn't his job it is his life and things can get away from you at times. I'm self employed and I understand his plight. Having said this it still doesn't get Al of the hook with a pissed off customer and he has to try to get that right. Frankly, I miss him on the board. Too, I am into these cars for enjoyment, commarderie and relaxation. I have enough contentious horseshit in my real life.

Your stance Esty, is that you are doing the 02 community a favour by pointing out the customer service short comings of a supplier, and that this hasn't excalated into a personal attack on a small business.

lol...i don't have a "stance" and i don't recall suggesting that stating my views or opinions was doing anyone a "favour"...everyone has the option of considering what i say or not

i expect to be able to comment about whatever topic gets put on the board, just like you do, as everyone does...

i'm extremely p'd about the personal attacks from larson, and his groupies...the barage of harrassing emails...the harrassing telephone calls larson makes to my family trying to find me.....

i don't like being stalked because i state an unpopular opinion and most importantly, i don't like my family being upset the way he's upset them with his phone calls

one last time...it's not about larson's product quality...it's about being bomb'd when i state my opinions of his products & services

you make it difficult to vote....a personal attack on who?, you should clarify.....

btw nick....what's the point of this thread...what are you trying to achieve?

I'm genuinely interested in everybody's opinion on this one.

Same here, I'm curious what people think.

Actually I believe we have banned one person (ElJet, he had a lot of knowledge but also harassed people with bizarre attacks). I recall it was a painful decision that was debated thoughtfully on the board given what was then a fairly recent break from Roadfly.

Matthew Cervi
'71 Bavaria

'18 M2

I'm genuinely interested in everybody's opinion on this one.

Same here, I'm curious what people think.

Actually I believe we have banned one person (ElJet, he had a lot of knowledge but also harassed people with bizarre attacks). I recall it was a painful decision that was debated thoughtfully on the board given what was then a fairly recent break from Roadfly.

actually El was never actually banned, he just went away for a while. I see him in the #e39 chat room once in a while (even tho hes bought an 80s cadillac for some reason!) He's actually acts "normal" now, whatever that means!! ;)

I've done business with Al, having him recover and refoam some turbo seats (which took an incredibly long time, but was a unique, non-rush job) and I've read most of Esty's posts and even her blog. My conclusion is that both of them should have been smarter and stopped it a long time ago. It's just stupid. And if I were either one of them (or counseling them), I would just ignore posts about this topic.

Al, Esty, friends of Al and Esty, step away from the computer....

Guest Anonymous
Sorry if this is pouring fuel on the flames, but the subject doesn't seem to want to go away and there are strong views on both sides.

It would be crazy to lose Al as a contributor to this board (and I mean that in an 02 community sense), but equally it would be the beginning of the end if users started to be banned from the FAQ.

So in the interest of self-policing perhaps democracy will rule. Your stance Esty, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that you are doing the 02 community a favour by pointing out the customer service short comings of a supplier, and that this hasn't excalated into a personal attack on a small business.

So what does everyone else think? If it's the latter then perhaps Esty will agree to stop and we can all get on with talking 02's and stop staring at the accident.

The conduct of personal attacks seems to have been pursued much more by Al and his posse than anyone else. To restate your comment, it would be crazy to lose anyone on the board as a contributor, sound more fair?

It's been my opinion for a while that Esty is actually ElJet after he had "the surgery". Personally, I find the whole thing kind of amusing.

If I were Al, I would have more confidence in what I've delivered to people and just reply to any post by her with STFU and let it be.

Not that I think Esty in general is any kind of problem, her posts, although a little prolific, are usually reasonable, but the instability exhibited by these continuing threads cannot be ignored. Get back on the meds and let it be.

Just my $02

--

BD

Not that I think Esty in general is any kind of problem, her posts, although a little prolific, are usually reasonable, but the instability exhibited by these continuing threads cannot be ignored. Get back on the meds and let it be.

Just my $02

--

BD

one thing that has always escaped me is the fact that i'm implicated as the root the problem where larson's concern'd on the bmw forums....i don't recall ever starting a thread to bash or nag about his work....i don't recall ever stating anything off topic about him....i've never called him names....i've never suggested anyone shouldn't do biz with him...i've never condemn'd those that have and do...i've never recommended one vendor over another...only given the available options and mention'd the bad with the good

the blog is black & white....cut & dry...a representation of my experiences, nothing more or less....if i had negative experiences with any other vendor mention'd there, it would be posted as well...if dude from world upholsery wrote me calling me a cunt, a copy would be there for people to see, as an example of the type of person you're doing biz with, if you chose to buy from them...if anyone finds any fiction posted their, let me know, by all means

because i might be a more vocal dissenter is in no way justification for suggesting i caused larson's problem....how did i effect his slowness, poor communications, flawed services or cause his god complex?...i've never started a thread aking where he is or where my stuff that i paid him for is...i've never started a thread stating his stuff isn't the best or bad....i've never told him to die or called him a cunt...i've never called his family, harrassing them because i have a problem with anything he's said on an internet forum....

this thread's amusing from that standpoint....many's perception is very flaw'd...why is it al/esty...why not al and one of many others that have not been happy with his services?...am i the only one that's ever stated my negative opinions of larson or is it that i'm just the most vocal....and participate more?

[prolific] and as i ask'd stevek...if there are limits on how much any member can or may post here someone needs to tell me so i can start keeping count...[/prolific]

Guest Anonymous

You know when the Captur feels bad for the one being captive? There is not one thing that was threatening when Al called your relatives. I was there. I listened to the whole convo. Your the crazed stalker(See the irony?) Long ago AL tried to settle this civily by talking to you on the phone. But you were too chicken. Asking to speak to Esty Lacroix in Byhalia Mississippi(Should I post up Steve Lacriox's address for everyone too?) is not stalking. This is so incredibly personal yet you deny it.

YOUR THE STALKER!