tii fuel pump mounting location?

uxoman

Guest Anonymous

The electric fuel pump mounts to the right of the differential. There is a mount that is welded to the underside of the body. I have several of these mounts taken from parted out tii cars if you want to make it look original.

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

• 16 years later...

SUPER old post, but I am looking for the same thing...pics of the fuel pump mounting from a tii.  The pics on Keith's website are a little low-res and the area is a little rusty, so it is hard to make out the details.  Does someone have a good pic of the body brackets, without the fuel pump mounted?  Mine are all bent out of shape and I am trying to get them back to the way they should be before painting.

32 minutes ago, jgerock said:

Alternative to factory tii fuel pump with expansion jar/bracket is the in tank fuel pump/sending unit  for e30 318is.  I converted my tii to this a long time ago.

Does that sit right at the bottom of the tank like the original setup? I thought there was some discussion about potential fuel starvation on hard cornering when low on gas?

1 hour ago, bergie33 said:

Does that sit right at the bottom of the tank like the original setup? I thought there was some discussion about potential fuel starvation on hard cornering when low on gas?

Mine puts the pickup sock right close to the tank bottom. Never had any issues. I try not to run the tank near empty anyway.