Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

My 15 minutes of glory!

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

larison2002a.jpg

We just had our 15th annual hillclimb here and I had my personal best time ever! I have run it every year in the same car except 1989 when it was being painted. Our trophies were pictures of our cars while running. When I got home and looked at mine I was amazed to see air under my right front tire. WOOHOO! I was running new Kumhos in a wider 225/50-15 size and the car never hooked up like this. We have a radar gun on our only straightaway and I hit 71.7 mph. My glory only lasted about 15 minutes because my rival and friend Tim Thoming in his really built Rabbit on the last run of the weekend edged me out for 1st by .4 seconds. Doooh! It was still a blast. My car was also the main focus on this year's t-shirt. We have to milk this 2002 thing as long as we can, right?

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

Keep up the good work david...... reminds us of the shot of that 02 lifting a wheel on the "ring"

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

mine are 7.5" and have 195s on them now... just thinking about "next time"... which khumos?? =)

-Rob

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

The wheels are 7" Mims with a 25mm offset. The Kumhos are the new Ecsta race rubber that can be on either side.Unlike the Victoracers that have an inside for traction and a cornering side. You can run the 205/55- or a 225/45 besides the ones I have.

Guest Anonymous

Coil overs up front with 25mm bar, sport Bilsteins, poly bushings, bent struts and 3.5 degrees neg. camber. Rears are 300 lb. springs, adj. 22 bar, tii trailing arms, my own custom 320i stub axles and c/v axles and more sport Bilsteins.

Guest Anonymous

I need to get the original pic from my friend. It is already in the works!

Guest Anonymous

(nt)