Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Receipts. What the hell was I thinking?

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

My024.JPG

I was cleaning up the garage over the weekend and thought I'd consolidate all the 2002 receipts that were scattered throughout my drawers and in my roll-a-way. While doings so I started to add them up in my head... stupid me.

Anyone else ever make this mistake?

Todd

'68 project - probably could only get $3000 or so as is (more with paint) ... spent WAAAAAAYYYYY more than that so far.

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

Knowing where you stand with your car addictions, er...investments, yeah that's it: investments, is never a mistake, Todd, but...

I'd suggest replacing your reciept "book" with an election ballot box. That way you can keep it locked while depositing reciepts in a happy state of bliss, after giving the key to your wife, friend, local safe deposit box, etc. A good advantage to this is that when you can no longer press, jam, or mash another reciept into the box: you'll know it's time to sell the car! Of course I'm currently working on my third box right now, so "do as I say, not as I do"...;D

happy monday to ya...

-Shad

Guest Anonymous

on the '68 I would be a poor man.

Wife - "Your roll cage arrived from Kirk Racing today. I think while you spend the weekend installing it I'll take the opportunity to get out of the way and go to Nordstroms. Can I borrow your credit card, the reader on mine seems to be a little worn and doesn't work anymore".

Todd

'68 project

Guest Anonymous

when I'm done hurling money at my project (10-12k) I'll basically have a new car. Where else can you get such a snazzy auto for such short dough?

Guest Anonymous

harry_pr.jpg

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

I don't dare touch it!

Guest Anonymous

And don't even think about using Quicken or something... :-) (I'm lucky I had already done my engine and stuff before I bought a computer...)

Guest Anonymous

02flash6.gif

OMG!! I was blissfully stupid until then. Now I have started selling extra parts and bartering for new ones.

Guest Anonymous

body, etc. Where did all that money go? ;)

The only time you should have a list of costs is when you go to sell the car. That way the new owner will think they are getting a great deal. Just have someone else prepare the list so you can't change your mind about your 'investment.'

Karl

'73 tii --> PO costs ~$15k, my costs $???

Guest Anonymous

chris_schreiber.jpg

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

P001-007.jpg

I document Parts upgraded, replaced, cost and date. Plus, I have all receipts since the car was new including the original window sticker. I have owned the car for a year and a half. I bought it for $4k and have spent over $5 in that time. The car still needs to be painted and brakes upgraded. The paint will be the most $$$. I am dreading it...but I can't help my illness.

Joe