• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

m20 powered 74tii

powelli

wow thats really looking nice ian. gonna be some nice contrast between the imola and the black work on the motor. did you jetcoat the headers or is that high temp paint?? i need to do my header but am waiting until i get the motor in

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

LTW flywheel and clutch installed. Engine going back in from the bottom this time.

Rear discs installed and rear subframe ready to go.

Had the fuel tank resprayed in a Matte black. Shop originally sprayed it glossy black.

Interior was painted in PPG's POR15 equivalent.

Engine bay.

Another. Shop took the undercoating/chip guard up a little higher than I wanted. In my opinion, it is not worth removing it and re-spraying primer and paint. Most of the bay will be covered by the engine/etc anyway.

Some trunk shots. Interesting to see how the imola reacts to flash.

We found a good set of rust free towers and used them as donors to make my towers a little more aesthetically pleasing. You may recall the large band-aid patches that were previously on them.

P1010096.JPG

P1010124.JPG

P1010130.JPG

P1010123.JPG

P1010133.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010010.JPG

P1010011.JPG

P1010012.JPG

P1010013.JPG

P1010019.JPG

P1010016.JPG

P1010017.JPG

Edited by powelli
Addition of pics that were deleted when hosting site closed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The MCS belongs to a friend who enjoys the car, but hasn't found the time to hobnob with the MINI locals. He has a Harley that takes up some of his free time as well.

Ian - it's looking good. Keep on keeping on!!

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

Engine and tranny mated and lifted into place.

Driver side mount

Passenger side mount

Tranny brace being refabricated to make it stiffer. Will be adding a second mount on the left side as well.

Hope to have pics of the rear subframe and brakes ready to post next week.

P1010210.JPG

P1010187.JPG

P1010197.JPG

P1010198_reduced.jpg

P1010209.JPG

P1010199.JPG

Edited by powelli
Addition of pics that were deleted when hosting site closed

That is coming along nicely. Do you jave any shots of the engine bay. It is reassuring to see that there is someone out there as foolish as I am. Can't wait to see the finished product.

1973 Verona 2002 2.5 L s14

1998 M3

That is coming along nicely. Do you jave any shots of the engine bay. It is reassuring to see that there is someone out there as foolish as I am. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Not foolish - passionate! great job! i'm eager to see more. its inspirational.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice work in progress.Hope to see it soon.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.