• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

couple new pics 3/16/07

BLUNT

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what was karl running?

this is carl with a "c" in sacramento. but he has bilstein sports and h&r's. i believe he has all urethane and it was comfortable yet stiff in the front seats. when i rode in the back it was miserable. i almost got sick on a 2 hour drive but nobody will ever ride in the back of mine anyway.

i figured if i went with all rubber it may take a little of the edge off

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

What transmission do you have? Did you have to change anything to make the s14 work with the transmission?

Did you have to change any of the other stock 2002 stuff to make the s14 work?

This is a fantastic project. I can only hope some day to do this.

the tranny is an e21 5 speed. the bellhousing sensors from the m3's 265 need to be grafted into the bellhousing of the e21. its a fairly straightforward swap and im one of many who are doing it or have done it. im benifitting from others hard work. if you can pull a motor and have basic mechanical skills this is not a hard swap. most of the technical things such as shortening driveshafts,welding sensors in bellhousing etc im cutting a check for.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

i normally stop in every few days but i dont want to be a pain in the ass and there hadnt been much progress lately but kevin, my body guy called me and said to bring the camera. so i stopped by to see what was new. they had both new outer wheel housings mocked up and both new quarters clamped on for fitting. he promised me things would move more quickly from now on. anyone ever heard that?? heres a couple new pics

02bodyshop001.jpg

02bodyshop005.jpg

02bodyshop007.jpg

while i was there i stopped by parts to see if my new exhaust was in. it was so i grabbed it. its a new turbo exhaust but what im excited about is ,,, i wanted a center exhaust and nobody could tell me which to order. theres a center exhaust and a side exhaust,, only 1 version is still available and i gambled it would be the center exit and it was.

02bodyshop008.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Hey BLUNT... I had read your posts on here and realised you knew what you were talking about, just had a look here and DAMN! That car is sensational!

Best of luck with the project. It is a real pleasure to see such a fine example in the midst of being produced. I look forward to the final product!

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

i wanted a center exhaust and nobody could tell me which to order. theres a center exhaust and a side exhaust

what's the purpose of the center exhaust? i'm a mechanical retard and trying to learn but it seems to me it would flow better with just one muffler

i recently pick'd up a nice step header and i'm considering having it installed with only a stock muffler...why would i need the center muffler?

i wanted a center exhaust and nobody could tell me which to order. theres a center exhaust and a side exhaust

what's the purpose of the center exhaust? i'm a mechanical retard and trying to learn but it seems to me it would flow better with just one muffler

i recently pick'd up a nice step header and i'm considering having it installed with only a stock muffler...why would i need the center muffler?

Well theres really no purpose other than i think its cooler looking. im sure it may flow better with just one muffler but the turbo resonator tones the exhaust note down a bit. i have 1 really loud car and am looking forward to having this as quiet as possible. word has it the s14 breathes fine with the turbo exhaust 2 1/4" pipes. im going to fill the little cutout on the right side of the tail panel where the exhaust used to exit. i guess i just prefer the look of the center exhaust. i dont care whether its correct or not. theres nothing really correct about my car

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Hey BLUNT... I had read your posts on here and realised you knew what you were talking about, just had a look here and DAMN! That car is sensational!

Best of luck with the project. It is a real pleasure to see such a fine example in the midst of being produced. I look forward to the final product!

Todd

thanks todd. im actually learning as i go. i honestly dont know much about 2002's and im new to them a year ago. but basic restoration theories carry over to anything. i really wish i had the body and paint skills some of you guys have. id really like to be able to say i did it all myself. but i am doing everything less the bodywork and paint. im getting excited to get going. ive been stockpiling parts all winter and want to start installing some of them. thanks for the kind words

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

and saw your complete project. You are my hero and role model. As I read your story, it is ditto here. No body work skills, spending too much money but do not care, roof is the only thing really left on mine too. You know my suspension story.

Keep up the great work and look forward to the assembly stage. My project does not include that hot rod motor though.

About the suspension, my tii that I drive now, had Bilstein HD, HR springs and oem rubber and loved the ride. However, I want HD on my project car so I bought sports and put them on the current car and put the used HD on the project car. The wife did not notice the difference when I switched to the sports. I did not find the ride more harsh, it just had a faster rebound rate when going over bumps or gitty up hills

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

thanks bill, this forum is really what gives me the ambition to build a well put together car. theres so many nice examples here. great info on the suspension

and saw your complete project. You are my hero and role model. As I read your story, it is ditto here. No body work skills, spending too much money but do not care, roof is the only thing really left on mine too. You know my suspension story.

Keep up the great work and look forward to the assembly stage. My project does not include that hot rod motor though.

About the suspension, my tii that I drive now, had Bilstein HD, HR springs and oem rubber and loved the ride. However, I want HD on my project car so I bought sports and put them on the current car and put the used HD on the project car. The wife did not notice the difference when I switched to the sports. I did not find the ride more harsh, it just had a faster rebound rate when going over bumps or gitty up hills

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com