• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

couple new pics 3/16/07

BLUNT

it started a little over a year ago when i asked Carl to try and source me a decent project car ......Dang and Carl really went out of their way to find me a car, check it out and even load it onto a transport and send it to minnesota for me. here it is as i received it, less the wheels. i threw those on to ease moving it around. it doesnt look too bad here and it was a fairly solid car. if i could just be satisfied with a nice driver i could have made a great car out of this. but as you take things apart you start seeing more and more and pretty soon it takes on a life of its own

front02.jpg

side02.jpg

as it turns out this was a 1 owner car thats never been touched. completley unmolested wiring harness and no mods whatsoever to the car. otto was 90 years old when he died and his wife gave this car to someone who promised to restore it but never did.

i had got ahole of an 80k mile s14 from a guy locally for 2500 complete and had been saving it for when i found an 02. i had to cut the motor out of the car but after i sold the tranny i had a really nice low mileage s14 with only 2k into it. so this will go into my 02 along with a 3.90 lsd and all the normal suspension pieces

02-1002.jpg

ive spent the last year restoring all the small components ,refreshing the wiring harness,beadblasting,painting and powdercoating everything i could. ive also sent 3 lots off for yellow cad so every fastener on the car will be plated. the shell is currently at the body shop receiving all new metal. looking back, i should have sourced a really nice roof panel and brought it to the body shop and asked them to build me a car underneath it because thats the only original metal on the car. its currently receiving a new nose,tail panel,both quarters,both doors,both front fenders,hood and trunk and rockers. as well as outer wheel housings. the more we pulled off the more i wanted to replace until i got to the point where i said screw it, do it all. hopefully this will be a nice car when done. lots of people could say im foolish but i have 1 real hobby and thats cars. i love the build more than driving them. i get great enjoyment in knowing ive touched each and every bolt and everything is done correctly. granted ill have way more money in this car than it will ever be worth but i honestly dont care. its just something i enjoy. heres a bunch of pics in no paticular order showing some of the work done

02-1009.jpg

02-2001.jpg

02-2003.jpg

CARL039.jpg

CARL047.jpg

CARL054.jpg

powdercoat006.jpg

powdercoat002.jpg

02prepaint011.jpg

02009.jpg

tool001.jpg

tool002.jpg

the car currently sits as you see it in these last pics. still needs the trunk floor and quarters. the body shop has been swamped the last few weeks and my car sits until they slow down. that was part of the deal when they took it on. im anxious to get going as once i get the shell back the car basically only needs to be reassembled. everything is done except the motor which i will tackle this weekend. im going to rip into it and do rod bearings and timing components just because its out and then ill know what i have. ill post pics as it comes together

oh heres my cluster which i tried to zero out the odometer on. i got to 20 miles and called it good enough. i was worried id screw something up and considered myself lucky to get it that close with all the numbers lining up properly

speedo004.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks cameron, are you going to the body shop tech session next month??

its a mercedes /bmw tech session /open house for the new body shop.

if you havent seen the new body shop it may be worth it to you. my car should be well on its way to being done by then also and will sort of be on display as well

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Guest Anonymous

Had a chance to ride in a S14 '02 today. The driver got 3rd gear to squeel right in front of a BMW dealership!

I have a Stg 2 M10 and I am KICKING MYSELF for not going the S14 route.

POWER POWER POWER and then he shifted into SECOND GEAR!!!

It is going to SMOKE when you get it done!

Guest Anonymous

wow. You have the best part coming, reassembling it. It will look better than new for sure. And the best part is, it will always like to be tinkered with and dialed in. I like what you did with the dash and the strut towers. Al

I know henrietta wants her subframes treated like that but those oil soaked bushings are going to have to wait until the next stage. When she gets her re-built engine. I need to be driving the 2002 again soon. Where did you get all those urethane bushings?

Thanks for your kind words on my BLOG and for the group buy on the trim.

71+1/2 2002 "henrietta"

69 2002 parts car red

'84 R80ST back on the road again

I know henrietta wants her subframes treated like that but those oil soaked bushings are going to have to wait until the next stage. When she gets her re-built engine. I need to be driving the 2002 again soon. Where did you get all those urethane bushings?

Thanks for your kind words on my BLOG and for the group buy on the trim.

the urethane came with the sways bars. i had all urethane installed and changed my mind and went with oem rubber on everything but the sways.

ps i received your money yesterday and the seals should be in tuesday. i have limited access to the internet for a few more days but i am processing orders and yours as well as everyone elses will ship soon

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

i had all urethane installed and changed my mind and went with oem rubber on everything but the sways.

why the switch to oem rubber?

stop by this summer and ill give you a ride in my e30. then you decide. this car is really being built to get my wife to accompany me on drives. she refuses to get in my e30 for any reason. i have 1 loud,stiff,hot,uncomfortable car. i want to make the 02 civialized yet fun and comfortable so she will enjoy it as well

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Still going to run sports and the stiffer springs? I am curious, because on my stock 69, I want to tighten it up a bit. One option is the Kormann roadsport kit. HD's, urethane, and springs that drop the car 1/2 inch or so. But others have really liked OEM rubber with better shocks and springs. So....

cmp

Still going to run sports and the stiffer springs? I am curious, because on my stock 69, I want to tighten it up a bit. One option is the Kormann roadsport kit. HD's, urethane, and springs that drop the car 1/2 inch or so. But others have really liked OEM rubber with better shocks and springs. So....

yes im running sports with h&r's

i kind of made my decision from listening to others on this board. i am pretty tolerable of stiff suspensions so i think my set up should be a good compromise. (i hope)

besides i drove carls 02 in sacramento and liked his set up. but it was terrible riding in the back seat.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com