• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what happpend to the esty - Al carpet debate thread????

Guest Anonymous

Where did I provoke you Esty? I spoke the complete truth. If you were talking about one of the earlier threads(which it isn't worth my time to dig up. I want to see your rendition of this too) I still agree with what I said. Al's carpet sets are for the people that care just a little bit more for their car. Whether they put in wool squareweave or a simple nylon loop. Its the same mentality that has me buying parts for my aircooled vw locally where I can walk into a store front rather then mail ordering. Its just a little more special. You made it go this far Esty. YOU are the one that put up that damning blog. You have escalated it. Its no wonder why your the number one poster(sadly) on the FAQ. Do you really think anybody cares about your experiences? You just keep on recapping them... You could let them die therefore when anybody searches they will find them later but no.... I still don't understand how this is due to me though. Maybe you can make it clear for me Esty.

I cannot believe that you think that most people make generalizations without some sort of experience. Your completly out to lunch on that one.

Its apples to oranges. You experience with Al and that vendor are completly different. I do not see anything in common. Except well maybe you share the same feelings but they can't be. In one case you paid and didn't get what you paid for. That is wrong. In one case you had a business transaction and another you didn't. One was negative and one never got off the ground.

I've read the threads. I've read your blog. The story has taken so many twists and turns that in order to understand something and not be biased you need to see the whole thing. You took your biased and allowed yourself to hack and slash the text like some cheap tabloid writer to twist it to your point of view. The only relavent issue is that you have a personal vendetta with Al and you won't drop it. Oh why oh why won't you just walk away Esty!?

So how accountable are you willing to be held for your beliefs Esty? there are countless Seamsperfect customers that are very very happy with thier product. Just check out the inka02 posting on the general forum. Myself I have two seamsperfect interiors in my vehicles and love them dearly. Honestly if you think you can make these claims and not hear at least some verbal feedback from it your mistaken. Honestly though Esty I think no matter how much I fight or try to explain, whether you are a daft or a dumb blonde, you just won't get it simply due to ignorance.

As for your last question Esty(You can call me Kirin by the way) I will call out a crappy company. I call out a spade a spade ONLY when they have failed to deliver. But that would actually involve purchasing something.

Sincerly,

Kirin

If more power is better then way too much is just enough.

"Why do it once when you can do it thrice!"

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did I provoke you Esty? I spoke the complete truth. If you were talking about one of the earlier threads(which it isn't worth my time to dig up. I want to see your rendition of this too) I still agree with what I said. Al's carpet sets are for the people that care just a little bit more for their car. Whether they put in wool squareweave or a simple nylon loop. Its the same mentality that has me buying parts for my aircooled vw locally where I can walk into a store front rather then mail ordering. Its just a little more special. You made it go this far Esty. YOU are the one that put up that damning blog. You have escalated it. Its no wonder why your the number one poster(sadly) on the FAQ. Do you really think anybody cares about your experiences? You just keep on recapping them... You could let them die therefore when anybody searches they will find them later but no.... I still don't understand how this is due to me though. Maybe you can make it clear for me Esty.

I cannot believe that you think that most people make generalizations without some sort of experience. Your completly out to lunch on that one.

Its apples to oranges. You experience with Al and that vendor are completly different. I do not see anything in common. Except well maybe you share the same feelings but they can't be. In one case you paid and didn't get what you paid for. That is wrong. In one case you had a business transaction and another you didn't. One was negative and one never got off the ground.

I've read the threads. I've read your blog. The story has taken so many twists and turns that in order to understand something and not be biased you need to see the whole thing. You took your biased and allowed yourself to hack and slash the text like some cheap tabloid writer to twist it to your point of view. The only relavent issue is that you have a personal vendetta with Al and you won't drop it. Oh why oh why won't you just walk away Esty!?

So how accountable are you willing to be held for your beliefs Esty? there are countless Seamsperfect customers that are very very happy with thier product. Just check out the inka02 posting on the general forum. Myself I have two seamsperfect interiors in my vehicles and love them dearly. Honestly if you think you can make these claims and not hear at least some verbal feedback from it your mistaken. Honestly though Esty I think no matter how much I fight or try to explain, whether you are a daft or a dumb blonde, you just won't get it simply due to ignorance.

As for your last question Esty(You can call me Kirin by the way) I will call out a crappy company. I call out a spade a spade ONLY when they have failed to deliver. But that would actually involve purchasing something.

Sincerly,

Kirin

i suppose unless you're willing to try and don't already have you mind made up, yuo'll never understand....

whether i actually bought. paid for and recv'd merchandise from seams's perfect isn't at all relevant to anything i've said and done

i'm not gonna quote them here cause i'm certain you've read them in various forms at various places....but al make the claim that he does, in fact furnish custom carpeting, which include custom colors...when i took him up on his claims, i was informed, as al confirmed that he only had one color that HE thought i would like

it's the service and grandious claims i take exception to...not the product, i've no experience with his product as you have none with the ones i ended up with....if i can accept your irrational and unfounded reasoning, that i care less about my car than you or anyone that bought from al then why can't you accept the fact that al simply didn't do what he said he could or would do....just get me the run of the mill color i wanted....nothing too complicated about it....had he done that then, i would love my car as much as you love yours

you don't provoke me, none of you have...al did when he refused to drop it and started hounding me with emails...using childish, "i want my way or else", innuendo..the final straw was saying, "fuck you".....off the board harrassment thru emails is personal

and if you'll take a look around...i didn't start this mess, i only respond to it as you and others have been doing...i made a thread about my carpet and i'll copy what i said entirely

my new carpet set.....really nice....i order'd last tuesday morning and it was at my door friday afternoon...it's beautiful with perfect stitching...this place also sells the speckl'd carpet that was original to the o2....you can get either cut & sewn like mine or moulded for the same price of $168.00 plus shipping

sorry al, i really want'd to try your's but your only color choice offer'd just wasn't the right one for my car...maybe next time

carpet5.jpg

carpet4.jpg

MVC-003S.jpg

MVC-002S.jpg

and that was that until al wrote me badgering me because he felt i didn't give a proper response...i tried my best to do then left the thread..again, i didn't start this, i'm only a participant like you, with my opinion, like you

and i'm sorry but i can't resist...do you actually believe what you said, that people that don't buy from al don't care as much about there 02's as those that do buy from al....dude, that was a slap in the face to a lot of people, you know what i mean?

if you find exception to anything i quoted al on then you must find that exception with al, not me, he's the one that made those statement, i only quoted him

and i absolutely don't like responding to the incredible when it doesn't matter but you keep accusing me of "hacking & slashing" al's words, ask al if those aren't his exact words or is your mind already made up about what the truth & facts are?...and "that damning blog" again....no, i agree, it is damning but al's the one that made it that way

and it's no due to you and i never said it was...i said you and others like you...the attitudes..mentalities, the ignorance of believing i, and many many others don't care about my car the same as you because cause some of us didn't sacrifice and buy from al

i do admire you for speaking out though kirin, even though we may not agree, it shows courage and conviction in your beliefs even thou, as you know, not everyone may agree with them

and sorry rob, for some reason, b4 i made that post you mention'd, i always thought of you as having a sense of humor...i found out i was wrong....it hasn't happen'd since and won't again.......

I did say that and stand 100% behind that Seamsperfect products are for those that care just that much for their car. And you know why? because its obvious that Al care just that much more for his produce. I much rather pay a bit more and have a far superior product made by people that have 02's in their shop and live and breath them. Al travels to show's and is traveling right now as we speak.

I've tried to understand Esty but I can't do it I wonder why...

It is relavent that you haven't bought anything from Seamsperfect. Because you act like the all knowing authority and that your experience is everyones. Funny how pretty much everyone that has a product from there loves it.

Wrongo Esty. Al does do custom colours. In fact I'm sure you can get anything if your willing to cough up the cash. However its just finding the mill that can produce don't you think he would? This is where you need the background to understand. I do not know the exact conversation that you had with Al however that is private between you too.

As for the "grandious claims" I think pictures tell. In fact how about this... You order a seams perfect carpet and one of the kits that you love so much and install it and see which one you like better? That would be a good comparison. I haven't had any experience with that produce. But I have seen pictures and installed a seamsperfect carpet and can plainly point out the flaws that your kit has to. I know I may pay a bit more but the products far superior.. I have no want to even touch one of those carpet kits.

No where did I ever say that you cared less about your car. I simply stated that if you want a little more and a perfect kit you know where to go. Honestly it takes a extra special enthusiast to spend a bit more cash.. Its that simple. It doesn't make you a less of an enthusiast but just a different one. As for me being irrational. Prove it Esty. I double dog dare you.

If we don't provoke you then why the blog? Why can you walk away and let this whole thing die. If we are so right then why don't you just shut up!? Honestly it sounds like you brought it on completly yourself.

You did start this mess esty. You put up this blog. Unless Scorned woman isn't yourself.. which doesn't actually make sense.

Your the first person to actually disagree with that opinion. This is like the third time I've posted it up and nobody has ever thought I was out of line except you.

I'll repeat for you again. You didn't post up the complete context. Just the bits that allowed you to discredit al. Therefore cutting and pasting what worked for your needs and wants. You may not like responding Esty but you sure are now. Putting up the blog was quite possibly the worst and most immature thing you could do. Really putting the ass into class on this issue.

Esty you talk like you have a huge following. I haven't seen 1 other person stand up and say they are like minded. Either your followers are complete utter cowards and you need some new ones or your bark is bigger then your bite.

For those that care the extra bit.. For those that spend the extra money and get the new zinc fasteners.. Those that take the extra year and "stella" their resto. Are looking for the extra bit. There are tons of different car enthusiasts out there and to each their own. That is my point and it fits for everything.

Rob I think you pretty much summed it all up with the post...

-Kirin

If more power is better then way too much is just enough.

"Why do it once when you can do it thrice!"

I much rather pay a bit more and have a far superior product made by people that have 02's in their shop and live and breath them. Al travels to show's and is traveling right now as we speak. ok k, i'll bite...where's your proof that al's carpets are far superior...show how it's far superior

Funny how pretty much everyone that has a product from there loves it. i've never question that and don't doubt they do love them, how does that make them far superior? and how does that make what i bought or anyone else that didn't buy al's a bad or less than perfect product?

Al does do custom colours. In fact I'm sure you can get anything if your willing to cough up the cash. i concede that as well...i've stated that myself, in fact but what he says that he can't provide, after stating that he can are the "basic, non custom, run of the mill" colors, that he gets more for money selling...and nothing wrong with that except he states himself he seels more lower end than upper....

However its just finding the mill that can produce don't you think he would?i think he doesn't want to for unknown reasons...i'm not even in the business but managed to locate and talk to on the phone 2 wholesale sources that he's never been able to find or would have to "scour the earth for" so the answer is no, he wouldn't and didn't in my case

This is where you need the background to understand. I do not know the exact conversation that you had with Al however that is private between you too.then you might consider dropping your allegations that i'm tampering with al's words when in fact, you don't know and it was personal between al and me

As for the "grandious claims" I think pictures tell. In fact how about this... You order a seams perfect carpet and one of the kits that you love so much and install it and see which one you like better? That would be a good comparison. I haven't had any experience with that produce. But I have seen pictures and installed a seamsperfect carpet and can plainly point out the flaws that your kit has to. let me state again what you said, "I haven't had any experience with that produce. But I have seen pictures and installed a seamsperfect carpet and can plainly point out the flaws that your kit has to". so, you haven't seen my carpet yet you know all the flaws.....(incredible)

I know I may pay a bit more but the products far superior where's the proof of that claim k...because you and a few others say so?...

No where did I ever say that you cared less about your car. k....do i have to go back a quote what exactly, word for word what you said? Honestly it takes a extra special enthusiast to spend a bit more cash.. Its that simple. so now we that don't do as you say, we aren't xtra special like you guys that buy from al....is that what you just typed?

If we don't provoke you then why the blog?..lol....i answer'd that in my last response Why can you walk away and let this whole thing die. i can and would have, but al seem'd to want to play games and i'm game for games...you know what i mean?If we are so right then why don't you just shut up![/color=blue]i'd have nothing else to say if you'd stop asking questions or provoking my response which has absolutely notta to do with my being right or wrong...[/color] [/color] Honestly it sounds like you brought it on completly yourself.i brought what on k, you seem to be implying i have some sort of problem....i don't :)

You did start this mess esty. i absolutely agree with you on that point k, i did start it when i tried to buy a carpet set from al@seamsperfect You put up this blog. Unless Scorned woman isn't yourself.. which doesn't actually make sense.....aren't you reading any of this thread before you respond?...

Your the first person to actually disagree with that opinion. This is like the third time I've posted it up and nobody has ever thought I was out of line except you.

I'll repeat for you again. You didn't post up the complete context. Just the bits that allowed you to discredit al. Therefore cutting and pasting what worked for your needs and wants....no cut and paste in my blog, just quotes of things al actually said You may not like responding Esty but you sure are now. Putting up the blog was quite possibly the worst and most immature thing you could do. Really putting the ass into class on this issue.well...you know what they say, better my ass than your's.... but i do sincerely appreciate your concern for same

Esty you talk like you have a huge following. I haven't seen 1 other person stand up and say they are like minded. Either your followers are complete utter cowards and you need some new ones or your bark is bigger then your bite.how's that crucial to the topic

For those that care the extra bit.. For those that spend the extra money and get the new zinc fasteners.. Those that take the extra year and "stella" their resto. Are looking for the extra bit. There are tons of different car enthusiasts out there and to each their own. That is my point and it fits for everything.isn't it bad enough what you've already said about us, now you gonna tell us poor dudes and dudettes that cause we don't buy zinc fastners, spend more money, take longer than might be neccessary to fix our little cars and park them in fancy garages we're white trash too....have mercy on us mr bovensiepen

Rob I think you pretty much summed it all up with the post...

-Kirin

and rob....do you have a point you'd like to make or are you just gonna keep dancing?

Guest Anonymous

It never occurred to me that Esty is female as I look at all who post as an '02 enthusiast of some level or another, and don't think about gender at all unless it's totally obvious from the poster's name. Females have their perspective and we have ours, but '02s are our common ground here, and we should be happy to have females in our midst. I'm more conscious of this as Friday I spoke at-length with a person I thought was male, and turned out to be female. That doesn't mean mercy or special favors for the females, but the POV isn't the same and I at least, try and take that into account. Color is one area we don't look at the same way. No company's carpet looks exactly like the original anyway, so a shade off doesn't mean anything to me, but the right color means more to Esty than 14 or 15 pieces might mean to me. So she chooses based on what's important to her, which did not seem like an attack on Al's carpet at all.

Anyway, anyone can say anything they want here, and if you don't like it you can comment or ignore. I just read the carpet thread. Other than Esty saying "sorry, Al" she made no comment on his carpets. Al made a sarcastic reply and then proceeded to rip into Esty's carpet. Gauntlet thrown down by Al with long analysis of Esty's carpet, so Esty had full retort rights but chose to ignore Al. Esty's says Al emailed her privately to goad retort, so she retorted as is her right. Guest puts in his BS and the game starts. So what if a carpet place has a typo saying '79 for an '02. I'd assume most would not be buying for their '78 or '79 (I think we did have a 1502 in 1977) so it's a moot point anyway.

Esty's grammar and spelling is deficient, but most of you posting are deficient in that area, and I make typo/grammar errors too. It's better to learn to spell than just use the online checker.

Esty's blog is almost unreadable with it's background design, colored text and poor font, and if one wants people to read instead of give-up in disgust, readability should be paramount.

When I think of Mr. Pink, it's Reservior Dogs.

Al doesn't have tact and let's his temper get the best of him, as I've experienced myself. That doesn't mean he's a bad guy though (and I much appreciate his support regarding my murdered Labrador) , and in person it's surprising how well '02 people get along that might seem to not online. But everything Esty dished-out (not judging her content but I believe she has many valid points) was invited by Al. I separate Al the man from Al' the carpetbagger, and I don't think either Al's sets or the other sets are bad, and probably Al's carpets do have the details that count in the long run. BMW did do it right in the beginning, and that's why I don't have to worry about getting Al's sets or any other as my original set is still fine. Al's right in his protection for the driver's toe on the carpet as many bigfoot drivers wear it out there, but then Esty is not a bigfoot that needs to worry about that detail and mine is fine too.

Esty, be careful making punk analogies, as vtbimmer's very funny pic you deserved. I have made my own punk comment and felt the wrath, but then I was right.

Driving an '02 is the real communicator. How the carpet sets look is secondary and is forgotten at 5k+. Esty can say anything she wants, but give her Arpege.

all this for a NON transaction?? =sighs=

THANK YOU, ROB!!!!!

I think that this is the ONLY multi-page post ever since the new software was implemented.

Squarie vs Roundie debates were much more fun...

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

mr reverb...i don't like talking about my personal life online but to give a little esty insight, here's quick read that might explain some things > A Conversation with Sally Shaywitz

now back to car rugs

Al's right in his protection for the driver's toe on the carpet as many bigfoot drivers wear it out there, but then Esty is not a bigfoot that needs to worry about that detail and mine is fine too
just to clarify...al does'nt have the market cornered on the toe pad he calls unique or something special he adds to his work....mine came with it as well...take a look

toepad1.jpg, so the scores' still tied on available product features

and cause i'm a girl doesn't mean i always act like one....the fact that i'm restoring another older car should illistrate i'm not your ordinary chick.... picking carpet color in my minds not the same as picking the right mauve and gold floral pattern to hang in your tea room...considering where it is, how it's gonna be used and what all it's subjected to, a shade or 3 one way or the other isn'tnot that big of an issue or at least not to me...

my issue is, i had an idea of the tone....lighter tans...what i got was a dark brown...

here's what i was expecting, on the right....and based on al's assumption of what i'd like.....what al sent me as the only one available....on the left.....

too much of a difference to make a compromise...but if al hadn't decided for me, in advance and sent me all that i ask for originally, he probaly would've sold me a set of rugs

2colors.jpg

and arpege, you say ;)

As a happy repeat customer of Seamsperfect, I have to say I think the whole thing boils down to a miscommunication or misunderstanding? Why? Because having stood in that shop making descisions on 2 different interiors It was apparent to me I could have almost any colour and material I wanted!

Al/Seamsperfect is a company I can safely trust. Why? I bought a 2002 from him (Seamsperfect really) and a friend bought a 633i, (on my reccomendation) Both cars were represented exactly as they were, no more no less.

My 02, while not perfect (which is what I wanted by the way, i like to work on a car) was represented to me as being exactly that, I knew what had been done, what needed to be done, and what I needed to buy. I had a carpet set installed, recaro seats re-done, and a rear seat delete done.. All of which were done with outmost care and attention (even to the extreme of being up till like 2am getting things done).

Al does in fact furnish custom carpets, as a friend of mine restoring a mercedes benz found out. I had the friend send a carpet sample and Al tried best to find the colour and made a new peice. Chances are he only had one colour that was close enough to the colour you required.

Anyway, after actually sitting in his shop watching work get done on some pretty special and pretty normal 2002s, I still stand behind any reccomendation of his product I've made and I can understand Al being somewhat aggressive standing behind his product. :)

Anyway that said, Esty how the hell did you get your hair to stand up in that pic? I mean I have drawn a static zap from my 2002 but nothing like that!!!

Anyway that said, Esty how the hell did you get your hair to stand up in that pic? I mean I have drawn a static zap from my 2002 but nothing like that!!!
..lol...i walked into the shop one day while hubby was working...he had a huge fan on as i walk'd by....when he ask'd to take my pic, i didn't have a clue until it was all over...it's a good thing i'm not shy or you guys would never have found that pic of me

and about al...i have no doubts about al's ability to sew a nice carpet....i believe they are as nice as they come....if he had kept things professional, none of this would have ever happen'd but he seem'd to be prodding me into his games and as i said earlier...i'm game for games