• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mintgrun lizzy and her encarnation

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

1-2-06 Well... its been a year in 2 days and I've gone through totaling my car collecting from insurance, buying a new one,and in amonth Ill be driving... I hope. Today Im waiting for the last trim parts.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I am making a go at this thread thing , Ihave succeeded at the sunroof cable instalation and am amazed... it works. I replaced the seals gaskets fiberboard and for that matter, everyting else on the car. I love fixing it more than driving it I guess. soon the MSD and dashboard from a Tii, then a windshield and I'll be driving in March I'd hope. Al P.S. Pics when it gets done only.

Guest Anonymous

1-23 I have been trying to sell the rest of the parts on ebay. That just gives me money to buy more parts though. I'll have some decent front turn signals if I can get a nicer pair. As far as fixing the car... I got the oversray off my rim and gave it some more wax. And I think that I traced a wire that is missing in the hazard switch, somebody cut it and taped it up??? I also noticed that I was a little sloppy getting the back side window gasket in, I'll have to redo.

Guest Anonymous

1-23 got the nice relatively crack free tii dash in, I love the clock, mine says BMW not VDO like some that I've seen. Today I'll take door panel Off. The one that I made from 1/8 melamine seems too long. door wont close all the way with the new dr.gasket.

1-31 well it's going slow still, The door panel is looking like it is short enough and I spent about 4 hrs. getting the overspray off my bottlecap rims. They got a fresh coat of wax after all of that rubbing compound, I think that I rubbed alittle silver paint off, but they look as clean as new again. The small pice of dash over my steering wheel looked like it was very sun faded and cracked so I hit it with a coat of black vinyl spray, one coat looked alot better but a little too splotchy for my taste... I hit it with another coat and that is worse since that leather texture is alot harder to see and the bloch is worse, Oh well I won't look too closely at that again, at least its black. I think that tonight I will put the instrument cluster in and figure how to wire this clock up.

2-7 Well another week. The new antenna and dash look nice, I filled in a little crack with black silicone, looks a bit better. Bought some nice italian style front turn signals and now am making them work like american ones by adding a few LED lights. That is fun, I got an amber LED light at autozone, on the package it says they are made for trucks and they are four little lights stuck on a chip board that fits into a special socket. Well I snipped the lights off saudered wire to eack positive and negative stuck those in a strip of clear plastic in a row and then slid it up into the blinker all together with the chip board and saudered a positive and ground to that and voila... they work... still! and once I recieve the ballasts, they will be blinking on a new eloctronic relay. Windshield gets installed tomorrow or maybe today yet. I will pay to have that done though, I tried... not possible without tool and experiance. Al

2-10 OK OK I will have some pics soon. I want to get it alltogether first. and running... I just got the windshield and rear window installed yahoo! It will be in the shop on wednesday to get the electronic ignition installed as well as a rear hub removed for the last of the big brake conversion. I tried to take it off but it is stuck. I am waiting on a door handle gasket, then the panel will go on. I've done so much to this car, it's amazing how fun it is to look at. I promise that the pics will be here on saturday, even if they get taken at the shop. Al. P.S. thanks Blunt for the enthusiasm, its got me on pins and needles.

• 1 month later...

Oh so sweet, the first day driving in 1 year and 4 months. It took a bit longer than they said at the shop. The mechanic wouldn't even touch it for a month and a half... he'd always say "yeah I'm gonna start on Wednesday". He didn't want to install the Krane ignition but he fixed a few loose ends, center tie rod, intake manifold gasket, master cylinder... I drove it around and to Orange county. It ran a little hot and then When I started to leave... no worky... Luckily I was at a party with a bunch of car guys, and it got traced back to the... where else... POINTS... I wish that electronic ignition was in. So we opened the points back up with a credit card for a guage and a Leatherman for the screwdriver, flashlight for light. Back on the road and runnin a bit cooler at night.

post-1121-1366756331059_thumb.jpg