• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How far would you be willing to travel for a 2002 meet?

Anthony

How far would you drive for some fun in the sun in your 02?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How far would you drive for some fun in the sun in your 02?

• I don't travel for 02 events they come to me!
    • My 02 can barely make it across town let alone out of state!
    • My 02 is invincible and I would welcome the opportunity to show some canucks my goods!
    • Any where any time any place I am there in my 02!

Just wondering if any of you would be interested in driving a day or two to attend a meeting of the minds.

356_6_Medium.sized.jpg

Many of us @ the Alberta 02 have driven in our cars to California, BC, Colorado, Washington state and oregon. Wondering if any would make the trip up to our neck of the woods for different kind of 02 meet, maybe with some or all of the following:

Live music or killer DJ

track time

mountain (ie Rockies drive)

promenence at a huge european car show

Just curious. Went to the Rocky Mountain 356 Holliday last summer and old rickety Porsche drivers from as far as Connecticut and Texas made the trip to theworld famous Banff Springs for a show in shine on the lawn. I was thinking it would be so cool to do the same with 02's only we would stay in Calgary and drive out to Banff unless you don't mine the $300-$400 per night fee:)

We could schedule it to run in conjunction with another event like Bimmerfest Canada or The European Classic Car Show and Shine. I also thought we could do something in conjunction with the local VW crew as they have very large events and often have representation from most US states and many canadian provinces.

Nothing huge just 30-40 cars, would be a blast!

banffsprings.jpg

ill drive it to either coast or anywhere in between. until then ill fly to events. i attended palo alto last year from minneapolis and look forward to next years events

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I'd be up for the drive!

Always wanted to go to Banff, Lake Louise, and the Cdn Rockies.

Two detracters-

12 year old son in school.

Don't think the wife would be up for ~that~ far of a drive in the 02.

That second one just means I would have to do some upgrades like NEW seat cushions, a more up to date sound system, and then have places of interest along the way for her. She mostly tends to be a point A to point B type traveler, as I like the blue highways.

Maybe a drive up the coast to Van, then East to the hills?

Stops in Portland, Puget Sound, Vancouver?

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Funny you mention that SteveJ. Most of the Porsche 356 significant others (most were wifes but there were some husbands) flew in for the event while the enthusiasts drove!

OH MAN, id leave my wife at home. i remember a time when she used to yearn for me. but over the years the "y" has become silent

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

this is in the middle of the summer i take it. Last time i was in banff i was skiing, well id call it sliding cus it was pure ice. My car is going to Capp's here in a number of days and id love to the canucks my car, and dave could see his flares on my car.

Im definatly in, name a time and place and I'll request it off.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on

There are no real laws to speak of when bringing a car across that I know of. Pretty easy actually especially if you tell them you are going to a car show - lots of car guys and girls keep our border safe.

I remember when I brought the pumpkin car back from hollister the guy at canadian customs started re-counting all kinds o stories about partying, girls, harleys, hollister sturgis etc.

I figured they hired him to sniff out the drugs!

Went to Oktoberfest 2000, 020202, a few ATL meets, etc..

Planning to go to V at the V next year. Maybe I should buy another '02 and keep it in the mainland...

Hey Harry, you also made it to 020202, and I have the evidence.

If you end up buying an 02 on the mainland, I'll store it for you....

Saludos

Robert in NJ
73 2002 (Verona)

72 2002tii (Verona)

OK Guys,

I spoke with some of the local car show guys. What do you think about the Independance Day weekend? Here is the deal. Saturday July 1st is Canada which is a National Holiday, and Tuesday is July 4th. It is probably the best shot we have at turning it into an extended weekend. I like early summer becuase later in the year there is too much going on and I am going to Europe for 1 month.

Here are some distances:

San Francisco to Calgary 1500miles

Seattle to Calgary 670

Denver 1100

Minneapolis 1190

Kansas City 1600

Winnipeg 820

Vancouver 600

I am still waiting to see if the roadcourse is availble. I suspect that if it is a long weekend there is likely racing going on already. Either way Saturday Morning is the SCCA autocross and Friday night also has some autocrossing under the lights.