Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

This form is really pissing me off now....

21 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

Is it common knowledge that you cant use a quote in your text? I just wasted about a half hour or more figuring out that it gives you a general error if you use one.

Even though I know how much work goes into creating a site and getting a forum up and running, I think moving to the new forum was a little premature. Theres WAY too many problems with it right now.

Dan

Guest Anonymous
Is it common knowledge that you cant use a quote in your text? I just wasted about a half hour or more figuring out that it gives you a general error if you use one.

Even though I know how much work goes into creating a site and getting a forum up and running, I think moving to the new forum was a little premature. Theres WAY too many problems with it right now.

Dan

hmmm?

of a sentence (and I hope a comma). No apostrophe, etc. Just make sure you do not use contractions. You are spoiled by your former HP buds doing all the programming for you. Give the boys time to correct things.

obviously a bug, im sure they'll fixer!!!!!,,, hmmm i have "quotes" in my sig... (EDIT: yes, its only the "subject line" =P)

Guest Anonymous

The way I see it, if someone's willing to run a free forum, I'm not going to complain.

I'm with you Dang Way too much going on for this board. Bring back the good old days, when you could just type in a question and get a response. No logging in BS, Just simple, informative, and functional. Those were the days

I already discovered that...I wasted alot of time composing the reasons why I was coming back to the forum....The quotes screwed me over big time - I lost the whole darn thing. My suggestion is, if you compose something that is really important to you - save it first, so if this site doesn't allow it to go thru - which happens quite regularly - you can edit it and try again.

Believe me NOBODY is more frustrated than I AM. But, if I can hang in there anyone can. So, like the others have said give these guys a chance. Make suggestions. Don't just complain. Be positive, not negative.

Hopefully we will eventually get a resemblence of the GOOD OLE Forum that we used to have, which I still MISS BIG TIME personally!

Cheers,

John

Guest Anonymous

welcome back! - new beginning is always hard so give them time.. smile!

then I could understand the gripes. But for some users it's sorta been like - You saved my butt yesterday, but what did you do for me today? attitude.

If the gripers can't provide some constructive comments, just sit back and relax, the more intellegent of the species will get it worked out.

browser and it should go back to the text you just entered. At least it does for me... Maybe I'm using a special beta release or something....

Just to keep things in check - I think you guys are being WAY too hard on the new FAQ. There will always be critics, hindsight will always be 20/20, and if you really don't like this site that much then go and create a better one yourself.

It's just like when I went from points to electronic ignition.... the points were good, reliable, farmilliar and very straight forward. When I initially switched over to electronic ignition I HATED it! Everything from messing up the firing order, difficulty with the hall sensor, misaligning the distributor/cam gears - I was ready to dump it and go back to points.

- BUT -

Now that I've switched over and worked out all the kinks, taken the time to learn the system & become farmilliar with the "new" way of life, I don't know how I ever used points....

I know it's a little dumb and corny but it's true. Think about it. Just be open-minded & thankful we all have such a wonderful FREE resource.

I know it is not perfect yet, and some of my post have dissapeared, but teaching an old dog (me) new tricks, kind of makes me feel a little younger, things will always evolved and the challenge is to stay with it. I still remember a little DOS and Basic.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah bring back the days when posts scrolled off the bottom in a matter of hours especially when someone posted pics of their car and 45 people said "nice car", bring back the days when you couldn't search for shit or find what you were looking for.....

Yeah those were the days....pass me the cheeba.

then I could understand the gripes. But for some users it's sorta been like - You saved my butt yesterday, but what did you do for me today? attitude.

If the gripers can't provide some constructive comments, just sit back and relax, the more intellegent of the species will get it worked out.

I spent a half an hour trying to cut-n-paste the errors I was getting into a message on the "Questions and Suggestions" forum before I finally gave up. That ended up being the final straw with my frustration... trying to help and it wouldnt let me! 8-)

Dan

Guest Anonymous

Dan

Relax. Take a deeeep deep breath. Such things are very complex and since there some custom coding going on there will be inherant growing pains. I find that clicking the quote button works fine, I don't highlight and paste the text then add the quote thing tags in.

It'll be a while before all the bugs are sorted, we just have to hold on. sometimes the only way to bring a setup like this live is to just jump in, and then work out the little issues.

... and a message with "quotes"!

If you're reading this, the bug is fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience guys.