Sign in to follow this  
steve k.

What has been happening to the site?

20 posts / 7694 viewsLast Reply

As you may have noticed, we were down for almost 2 days. We ran into a problem with our old ISP that was limiting the number of connections to the database and the active use of the site forced the ISP to lock our database, thus making site unavailable. Since that ISP refused to work with us on resolving that issue, we were forced to change to a different one that does not have DB limits.

You will also see a few other changes to the site. The format is a lot cleaner and will resemble the old site. The threaded view is currently unavailable because we are working out a few bugs that will dramatically accelerate the site. But should be back in a few days.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and hope you can give us a little time to get things back to normal.

steve k.

Guest Anonymous

Not a problem,,,,just need to get my 2002 fix...thanx

Still a little slow for me on dial-up using Firefox. I'll try it with the uber connection at work tomorrow. Better than it was on Saturday though.

Someone send Weese directions on how to resize a picture before the freaks out and starts ordering more stuff from Mobile Tradition.

Overall, I'm happy with the new format.

Still a little slow for me on dial-up using Firefox. I'll try it with the uber connection at work tomorrow. Better than it was on Saturday though.

Someone send Weese directions on how to resize a picture before the freaks out and starts ordering more stuff from Mobile Tradition.

Overall, I'm happy with the new format.

set up all the way yet... In a year from now you wont even remember this stuff... :)

hang in there. Like all new things, it takes a while to get used to. Like you said. A year from now no one would want to go back.

I've been there before.. Amazed at the DB limits though, the site was on your server or a hosted box?

Its fast as hell here at work, running firefox, winxp.

Dialup folks may wish to turn off images in their browser...

Steve - looks like it is really working better.... thanks!!!

I've noticed that if you use the JUMP TO pull down box it sometimes doesn't take you where you want to go to. For example, jump to off topic and you get a message "The forum you selected does not exist."

Keep it up, I like it!

Bob

bob, that's one of the bugs we need to work out, but it's not a priority at the moment. Once we get stabilitty issues worked out, we will start tweaking things here and there.

steve k.

afternoon. I kept getting the info on your working on the site until then. Definitely your MYSQL doesn't like ellipses either, as when I posted this before I got an error and the post was dumped. Speed is excellent on my 44k dialup. Just testing posting a pic from within a post via html (and leaving out my ellipses)

n3web.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Us freeloaders shouldn't be complaining about anything!