Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Friendly ebay warning..

1 post / 345 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

A local '02 is up for sale on Ebay. A friend of mine was looking to get in the '02 game, and I went and looked at it about a month ago when it was advertsed on a local web site.

The car had some serious undercarriage rust issues. There was complete perforation under the drivers seat, and when I left the car at idle for about 10 minutes, smoke began to drift into the cabin. I got severl 'best case scenario' repair estimates, and the CHEAPEST one was about $700. Paint on the roof was also pretty bad, and would need quick attention.

Anyhow, I informed the owner that it was a little too rusty down below, and that I'd tell my friend to keep looking. Since she didn't mention any of the undercarriage rust in the ad, I thought I'd give ya'll a fair warning.

I took a ton of pictures of the car when I checked it out, they're located at corvair.net/malaga.

Cheers,

- Paul

'71 02