Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Has anyone used that undercoating in their trunk?

12 posts / 1020 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

Im thinking of using it. I saw it on someone's personal site.

Guest Anonymous

19-176059.JPG

PUT THE NASTY SPRAY CAN OF GLOBULOUS BLACK

KRAP DOWN! please.

clean, de-rust, prime, and Paint only.

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

whazzup with That?

Anyhow, undercoating won't harden- you'll end up with black globulous goo all over everything you put in the trunk.

The factory sprayed something rubberized in there- then painted over it.

If you LIKE the look, try spray- in truck bedliner. Its the same texture- but it hardens.

DO prime and paint first- that stuff doesn't seal very well.

Toby

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

you're better off rubbing black shoe polish -it'd be easier to take off and would also leave black smudges on everything.

Guest Anonymous

The factory used body schutz in the trunk. Spies Hecker and Glazurit make it. You need a special gun to apply it. After it hardens, you paint it body color.

Cris

Guest Anonymous

3M makes some excellent products for auto body work. Rocker Schutz (tan in color) can be used in the trunk and along the lower sides, front, and back> Its extremely durable and paintable, very similar to factory finish. You can also thin it for finer finish.

They also make a product (black) for undercoating fenders and bottom of the car. Both products come in quart-size cans and requires their spray gun for applying product. Gun is very simple in design and has an outlet apprx 1/4" in diameter. I have used both products on three bimmers that I have restored and its a long-lasting product. Only available at auto body supply centers.

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://pageproducer.arczip.com/mdyjc/index.html

Back then the 3M products were the big sellers but the texture was too course for German cars. Wurth products looked perfect, but cost much more. Perhaps the auto body supplies from 3M have changed in the last 15 years, but you can count on Wurth to match.

Guest Anonymous

you have to buy the special wurth gun though and play with it a little to get it sprayng right. . . also helps to warm up the schutz in a lil warm water if you're looking for a little less. . . glob

Guest Anonymous

Yeah Duke, the texture is pretty heavy, but I thinned the #M body schutz with paint thinner to get the finish I was looking for.