• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone ever order parts from Bimmer Parts Co?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

in the bay area. Not sure if they are directly affiliated with bimmer parts, but I've seen my packages ship from Oakland, in about 1-2 day ground- which has to be local

Guest Anonymous

Matt,

On your last order from Jan. 03, 2005 you were told that the hardware (pin, nut, bolt, washer, etc.) for the 2002 heater valve would take about a week to 10 days to come in from BMW and sure enought it shipped on Jan. 13th. Unfortunately we have never stocked this hardware (you were the first one to order it in 18 years as per my computer).

Perhaps I should really consider dropping all the hardware requests as it eats up our time and generates follow up calls due to all the part number supercessions. Not to mention delaying shipping of orders and causing a bad rap for us. But we do it in the name of customer service. But then again the people who we do it for are just as quick to give us a bad rap for doing it.

Max

Max

Guest Anonymous

My last order from you came in what I considered a reasonable amount of time. I feel I've been very patient in the past and defended you on a number of occasions.

Unfortunately, what I have run into in the past is time estimates that weren't even close to accurate (I'd be told 3 weeks for something, after 5 I'd inquire about it and not be able to get a good status) and items missing from shipments on 3 occasions I can think of.

And now your prices seem high (I recently bought an OEM hood and door from BavAuto--including shipping from NH--for less than you're advertising on the Bimmer Parts Co. site). I know the Euro cost is driving prices up, but why are your competitors significantly cheaper sometimes?

I understand obscure parts come at a price premium and can take a long time and that as a company that is willing to sell those items the extra time/costs will spill over into your "stock" items. But in my experience it has gone beyond the level of reasonableness.

Granted, it has been months since I've placed an order and maybe the shipping issues have been fixed. I'm just a little leary of placing an order at this point and finding out that the problems are still there.

Legitimately or not, you've gotten a bad reputation, and I don't think it is up to the customer to fix it.

Matthew Cervi

'73 tii

Guest Anonymous

few remaining vendors cannot maintain stocks of rarely ordered parts on hand. Inventory is money and it ain't earning anything sitting on a shelf gathering dust. I agree that estimated times of delivery could be better, but that's not just a BPCo/Max problem.

Some folks are faster than others, and sometimes sh*t happens. I'm just glad when I can get anything. You try to buy a cv joint lately?

Guest Anonymous

Told me that they would be manufacturing the parts that I had oredered next week becuase they had just found the original engineers drawing...I think that is pretty damn cool, I am just happy to be able to get stuff at all.

I have been waiting for 6 weeks so far but life is good.

Guest Anonymous

i tried to order a license plate surround for my e30 from max just to give them the business. i never got it and received numerous stories of "its hung up in customs" and "its on its was up on the truck right now, we'll ship it tomorrow" after about 6 weeks of this, i cancelled my order and ordered from my usual source. 5 days later, i had my part!

sorry max, but never, ever again.l

Guest Anonymous

I can understand any frustrations due to back orders and such. I have recently made changes in personel, procedures and a large investment in computer software to integrate all the various systems and middleware to control and track the 600k plus parts number that we deal with. We are not just a front for WorldPac but a "soup to nuts" restoration parts source (you know the guys who sourced the blue cloth brake hose and convinced MT to reproduce the 02 alloy wheels and door panels)

And we just moved in June to a larger facility to accomodate the increase in business due to the Bimmer Parts acquisition. I am proud to say that no orders were delayed (and none lost unlike some of you have experienced from my west coast competitor).

So what I am getting at is this. Our company mission is to be a service oriented retailer to provide advice and parts to customers restoring vintage BMWw. I really do care about our service and regulary call customers at random to see how the service was and we get a high rating with the occasional exception.

But I can not adddress concerns without knowing who you are and checking your order history!! Who is Carl or bobinokc ?? Drop me an email PLEASE.

Even drop me an email for suggestions to improve our service and products.

Thanks,

Max

Guest Anonymous

i'd like to share with the msgboard my recent purchase from max's. i emailed one of his workers an Excel Spreadsheet with almost 50 mostly consumable small ticket items with p/n's from the 02 parts book. it took a long time to compile my list and i wouldn't dare walk up to a counter person with it, but after about a week i had an invoice and within a week of 'pulling the trigger' i had all but 2-3 parts at my door. i can't imagine he made enough profit to pay his worker for his time, but the list was serviced nonetheless.

Guest Anonymous

I never really ordered much from Bimmerparts Co., but I have ordered a lot from Max in the past. It used to be as easy as asking for Matt or Paul. They always knew what I was asking for, even if I didn't. Now, its like I'm going to the local Schucks and talking to a pimple faced 14yo who has no clue what I'm talking about; thats just annoying. What PISSES ME OFF is when I'm told my parts will be here in one week and then 3 weeks later I have to call only to find out its been sitting in the shipping department waiting on freeze plugs and no one bothers to call me. Or the parts aren't what I ordered, or shipping has the complete order, but never thinks to actually ship it.

I am no longer using Maximillian because they are completely unreliable; this was the entire reason I went to them in the past. I apologize to anyone on the board who doesn't appreciate this personal attack on Maximillian, but it never seems to get through to them just how much they have screwed up.

Ryan