Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

SOT: Attaching insulation under the bonnet

11 posts / 85 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

ron%20resize.JPG

So the insulation pad under the hood of my e21 is falling down a bit (its being held up by the hood support bar) and i was wondering what epoxy or glue or whatever you all would suggest to hold it up. The two materials which will be making contact is the metal of the hood and the foam side of the insulation (the side facing down to the motor is like mylar or something.) What do you all suggest? What do u use? I just want something that will hold strong and won't eat at the foam or metal. Thanks in advance. (the 323 says thank you as well)

Cheers,

Jonas

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

nice car there

Guest Anonymous

last shot before primer.JPG

URL: http://www.seamsperfect.ca/

I've owned my share of BMW's, and may of them have suffered from saggy hood foam, including my current 633. It's done, and will have to be replaced. Simple. As CD says, it's probably 6 dollars from the dealer, so order it up and move on.

Al

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

The spray adhesive I've used for all kindsa stuff over the years, including sticking insulation up under the hood.

--------------

BigDog

'76 2002

Guest Anonymous

of cars now - once the foam starts disintegrating (thin layer of foam and glue stuck to the hood, rest of the foam falls down) no amount of regluing will keep the whole panel stuck to the hood.

All regluing old foam managed to do was get to get me frustrated with repeated cycles of trying to clean foam and glue off the underside of the hood, regluing, and finding the foam pulled apart and drooping the next time the hood was opened.

New foam and 3M spray adhesive should fix the problem once and for all.....

Guest Anonymous

(nt)