Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

35,00 dollar 1973 S14 2002

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

but i believe he paid even more than that for it. it isnt wes's car but rather his rich father in laws. there were miles and miles of posts concerning that car on every forum known to mankind. beautifully done car but it goes back to youll never get out what you put in.

Guest Anonymous

Face it folks these cars are not cheap. Our board as a whole is mostly made up of DIY type folks with lots of knowledge resources etc. We do it cheap but don't kid yourself it is not cheap for the average person.

Consider what it would cost to re-create some of the more memorable cars out there, consider Coops.

Does the average person on the FAQ board have any idea or appreciation for how much money he has in that car? Consider what the costs are for a 2.5 litre s14 built buy Kermit Upton, a Rodger Hamlin fabricated roll cage, KVR brakes, Carbon Fibre hood ( especially considering how much it would be had the GB not been created). The list goes on and on. SS MAF etc.

I have not seen the car in question but suspect that a considerable ammount more then the $35000 was spent, espeically if it had a significant body restoration. People are paying $4000 for used s14s and then sending them to Ron Checca for a $10-15K rebuild.

Get over it, not everyone considers 2002's junk yard specials.

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

agaveM2.jpg

URL: http://www.m2bmw.com/agave.htm

I think they're talking about this car - my info's a bit old, but it shows

what a lovely example it is, and has since lost the dreaded AFM

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

for 35k, you can get a good used e46 m3. thats a no brainer decision for most people. i think you would need to be nuts or have way too much disposable income to buy a 35k 2002

Guest Anonymous

of S14 powered '02s. They were amazed at how many of the old cars were still on the road. And I sure, seeing an S14 sitting so nicely into an 02, they had to be thinking, "Why can't we be working with nice, light shells like these 02's instead of the heavy E36s?"

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

well I guess it was sold all ready. But 35,000 is just outragous

Guest Anonymous

at Octoberfest in Indianapolis....and there were beautiful early coupes, and at least one M1, some excellent 2002s, etc. in the event. The car was amazing and impecably detailed everywhere. I'm pretty sure that it also won the people's choice award as well.

Guest Anonymous

i'd still take an e46 m3

Guest Anonymous

comparing an e36 or e46 to a 2002 is like comparing a hummer to ferrari.

Lots of enthusiasts who drive accuras, subarus and BMWs spend enough money on their cars to afford or justify a new 911 or corvette with better performance but does that stop them...nope.

If you want an e46 go buy one if you want a 2002 buy the nicest one you can afford....if that happens to be $35K then go for it!